Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Restaurants Open Good Friday?

Options
  • 21-03-2008 11:22am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 919 ✭✭✭

OK, I know that TGIs is open. Anywhere else open? The mother in-law is over from the UK and i'd like to take her out somewhere decent.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

Most places are open just ring and check.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭Jay D

Shelli wrote: »
    OK, I know that TGIs is open. Anywhere else open? The mother in-law is over from the UK and i'd like to take her out somewhere decent.

Personally I think TGI's is an absolute rip off for some very basic food. If I have the choice I will never go again. Never been pleased with food from there.

Like has been said, most places are open today. No wine though with dinner, may need to sneak your own :D

edit: I know BK etc will serve meat today but do the restaurants serve it? Iwonder will the good Catholic Itailian's do it, even though I suppose they run a load of chippers that do.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 919 ✭✭✭Shelli

I have called around a good few places only to be told that they are closed. I'd like to stay away from the city centre and preferably stay northside, it narrows it down a bit.

Shelli wrote: »
    I have called around a good few places only to be told that they are closed. I'd like to stay away from the city centre and preferably stay northside, it narrows it down a bit.

where northside?

Anywhere really. I'll be driving so it doesn't matter. I'm in Glasnevin.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,260 ✭✭✭jdivision

talbot 101?

Hadn't thought of there, Ill give them a call thanks.

Wong's Castleknock, fav of mine I have to say. I wonder is anywhere open this early though to take your call.

Most places usually open as 12 to take bookings, afaik. Talbot 101 not answering, message says call after 12 for bookings, so I'll try again in a bit in case they are running late.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,344 ✭✭✭✭Collie D

How about Cape Greko in Malahide. It's a Greek/Cypriot place so I assume they're Greek Orthodox rather than Catholic and will open. Great food at reasonable prices. I guarantee you'll be hooked. I've been back twice in the last year since I first visited.

• Advertisement
Advertisement