Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Living in Galway for Summer

Options
  • 21-03-2008 11:23am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 234 ✭✭

Hello,

Does anybody know where I could get cheap accomodation for the summer months? Dont want anything fancy, just maybe a student house that is vacant and at a knock down price:)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,155 ✭✭✭ErnieBert

Your best bet is to rent a room on the outskirts. I asume you want to stay for 2 or 3 months so I suggest Renmore (adjacent to GMIT) or Newcastle (NUIG) where there could be empty room during college holiday. Check out www.daft.ie or www.galwayadvertiser.ie

You probably won't be able to 'confirm' a room until there is one available so there's no point looking now.

I'm not too sure what you'd expect to pay but I'd anticipate €250 to €300 per month for a room in a 3 bedroom house in Corrib Park or €400 to €430 in the city centre. If you are willing to share a room - or if someone is willing to share room with you - then you could really save a few quid.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,484 ✭✭✭JIZZLORD

wait until mid may to search. a good chunk of the property market will be at your disposal. get in there before the spanish colonise the city

• Registered Users Posts: 3,711 ✭✭✭Redhairedguy

In the immortal words of my late grandfather:

"Blasted foreigners, send them all back!"

• Registered Users Posts: 842 ✭✭✭dumbyearbook

ErnieBert wrote: »
    Your best bet is to rent a room on the outskirts. I asume you want to stay for 2 or 3 months so I suggest Renmore (adjacent to GMIT) or Newcastle (NUIG) where there could be empty room during college holiday. Check out www.daft.ie or www.galwayadvertiser.ie

You probably won't be able to 'confirm' a room until there is one available so there's no point looking now.

I'm not too sure what you'd expect to pay but I'd anticipate €250 to €300 per month for a room in a 3 bedroom house in Corrib Park or €400 to €430 in the city centre. If you are willing to share a room - or if someone is willing to share room with you - then you could really save a few quid.

Dont agree here !

Lived in Galway during the Summer in college and I wouldnt recommend renting outside the city center particularily as you are moving up just for the summer (really is a pain being too far from the bant in town, if your working in a pub or something you'll have a pain getting a cab home at night or even cycling etc plus it drains the wages and the tips! Plus getting buses etc is a pain.

try to get something in the city centre - lots of students have apartments in the city centre theyd like someone to keep for them till summer (trust major requirement here though) Stick up an ad in NUIG saying you want to rent a place just for the summer you'll get something or try www.sin.ie its the NUIG boards and put an ad up there maybe.

all the best. PS if you get offered something on Domnick st dont be put off by the look of the place its dead handy but a little scabby grand place really lived there for three years with only minimal bother!

Advertisement