Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Devolo Wireless Extenders.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭BigEejit

I was looking into these as well (well, just the ethernet ones) and the 200mb/s versions are definitely the ones to go for. They seemed to have handled house wiring better than the old ones did ... dont know if Devolo do a wireless access point 200mb version ..

• Registered Users Posts: 8,813 ✭✭✭BaconZombie

The Devolo acts like a dumb hub, so you can run update 253 of them on the one line but they will all share the same 200mb/s backbone.
    BigEejit wrote: »
    I was looking into these as well (well, just the ethernet ones) and the 200mb/s versions are definitely the ones to go for. They seemed to have handled house wiring better than the old ones did ... dont know if Devolo do a wireless access point 200mb version ..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,246 ✭✭✭Qwerty?

BOFH_139, You lost me at the dumb bit? (how apt:rolleyes:)

BigEejit, I don't think they do a 200mb/s wireless extender type, just the 85mb/s, which afaik would be adequate for using XBMCs connected to a shard harddrive on my pc, but correct me if I'm wrong...

Thanks for the feedback.

Advertisement