Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DSL Line Checker

Options
  • 21-03-2008 11:50am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,803 ✭✭✭

Hi All,

Just noticed a poster for Digiweb Now available in my area... So after hearing rumours of my exchange being enabled I decided to enter in my number and it passed me. I then went and checked with Eircom and they failed me.

I would have thought there was only one database containing enabled exchanges and numbers and Eircom would maintain that... Why am I passing with Digiweb only?

Any experience?

I have a contraact with o2 at the moment so unless that service degrades I don't see me getting out of that contract anytime soon.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,813 ✭✭✭BaconZombie

The backoffice setup in Eircom is a mess.
    The Eircom Line checking only checks via an old DB your phone number off a list of updated exchanges.

The DigiWeb checking is prob updated as soon as they install their gear and prob not as much backlog in the back office as well.
    Xcellor wrote: »
    Hi All,

Just noticed a poster for Digiweb Now available in my area... So after hearing rumours of my exchange being enabled I decided to enter in my number and it passed me. I then went and checked with Eircom and they failed me.

I would have thought there was only one database containing enabled exchanges and numbers and Eircom would maintain that... Why am I passing with Digiweb only?

Any experience?

I have a contraact with o2 at the moment so unless that service degrades I don't see me getting out of that contract anytime soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,042 ✭✭✭kaizersoze

BOFH_139 wrote: »
    The backoffice setup in Eircom is a mess.
    The Eircom Line checking only checks via an old DB your phone number off a list of updated exchanges.

The DigiWeb checking is prob updated as soon as they install their gear and prob not as much backlog in the back office as well.

What gear would Digiweb be installing?

Advertisement