Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pics of Dunshaughlin heli crash

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,266 ✭✭✭Steyr

What Helicopter was that? Looks like an A109 to me? Hope not, i love the A109's such a lovely shape a "true" idea of what a helicopter should look like!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,675 ✭✭✭ronnie3585

Yea, looks like a A109.

As an aside I think it was entirely unnecessary to show pictures of the paramedics attending to the pilot. Smacks of rubbernecking.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 334 ✭✭DeBeere

I was pretty surprised that they used pictures of the medics attending the pilot.

Just as I have never seen pictures of people who have just been in a car crash!

Anyway, the helicopter was a A109E. I know the pilot you can be sure it was skill that got him out alive.

He is a true professional and a gent. I wish him a speedy recovery.

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭Chiron

Yeah, it was an A109 reg EI-SBM.

I didnt take the pictures, I just posted the link.

Dont shoot the messenger!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 104 ✭✭fireplace1982

Tail rotor drive shaft failure if the rumours are true, respect to the driver for surviving. Report should be interesting

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 794 ✭✭✭electric69

Tail rotor drive shaft failure if the rumours are true, respect to the driver for surviving. Report should be interesting

We will wait until the report comes out before we start to comment on what did or did not happen. :) Hope the pilot makes a quick recovery and gets back up in the skies soon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 104 ✭✭fireplace1982

right so, but i heard that from a guy who works in the company that owns the heli!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,549 ✭✭✭*Kol*

Preliminary report has been issued.

http://www.aaiu.ie/upload/general/10490-0.pdf

• Closed Accounts Posts: 727 ✭✭✭Oilrig

Wouldn't like to be their mx people...

• Registered Users Posts: 794 ✭✭✭electric69

Oilrig wrote: »
    Wouldn't like to be their mx people...

Doesn't look good for someone.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12 Meath999

Steyr wrote: »
    What Helicopter was that? Looks like an A109 to me? Hope not, i love the A109's such a lovely shape a "true" idea of what a helicopter should look like!

Hiya, I recently moved to Dunshaughlin and noticed that a lot of choppers fly around here (at very low altitude sometimes), does anyone know why is that ??? Serious. Thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,056 ✭✭✭✭BostonB

Is it just landing and talking off, or actually just flying around low. Its not the Police choppers?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 Meath999

BostonB wrote: »
    Is it just landing and talking off, or actually just flying around low. Its not the Police choppers?

Sometimes landing and taking off and other just passing by at low altitudes. Not the guards, though. Mind you they dont need to be patrolling the streets here, forget the overhead police choppers !!! Ever been to meath ???

• Registered Users Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

Dunshauglin is a VFR reporting point for traffic in and out of Dublin Airport and its control zone,

It does depend on the active runway at Dublin, but in most cases traffic from north of the M4 routes to Dunshauglin for zone entry, then across to Ashbourne (and the DUB VOR) to track in along the approach to runway 16. A lot of helis in and out of Celtic Helicopters would use that route.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,056 ✭✭✭✭BostonB

Meath999 wrote: »
    Sometimes landing and taking off and other just passing by at low altitudes. Not the guards, though. Mind you they dont need to be patrolling the streets here, forget the overhead police choppers !!! Ever been to meath ???

Pity given the road accidents.

Advertisement