Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Cheapest insurance for..

Options
  • 21-03-2008 12:20pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 9,534 ✭✭✭

A 20 year old, full license(clean), 1 years no claims... on a Clio 172?

honestly there's way too many insurance companies to go through so if anyone has any experience with getting a car like this insured with similar stats then let me know please!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,114 ✭✭✭stecleary

try the AA or hib! 123 can be cheap too!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 999 ✭✭✭Noelie

well unfortunatly with the power of the car, your age and only 1 years ncb you're going to have to call them all to get a quote.

Also try some brokers, my brother said Glennons have always given him the best quotes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,534 ✭✭✭SV

I don't mind ringing. It's just getting a list of possible insurers is terrible annoying..

Heard about Hibernian so thanks for that! and Brokers...hm

May go searching again I guess!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 134 ✭✭ramanujan

ClioV6 wrote: »
    A 20 year old, full license(clean), 1 years no claims... on a Clio 172?

honestly there's way too many insurance companies to go through so if anyone has any experience with getting a car like this insured with similar stats then let me know please!

i have a hatch with similar stats, (golf mk4 180bhp), absolute nightmare getting a decent quote. In the end i waited until i was 21 and got a reasonable quote.

places that might give you an ok quote are britton, quinn direct (probably your best bet even though i hate them!), and smaller brokers...

best of luck!

my advice would be if your near your 21st birthday hold out until then!

ramanujan wrote: »
    i have a hatch with similar stats, (golf mk4 180bhp), absolute nightmare getting a decent quote. In the end i waited until i was 21 and got a reasonable quote.

places that might give you an ok quote are britton, quinn direct (probably your best bet even though i hate them!), and smaller brokers...

best of luck!

Well I wouldn't be doing it until June as that's when the policy runs out on the current car and birthday is in October...

so might be best to just hang on for another bit...

thanks for the advice! much appreciated.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

nice choice of a car the clio 172 is a great little car to drive, as much fun as a 106 gti but way faster!! :D

Who are you insured with at the minute?? ask them to quote you and if they refuse then go to 3 other companies and if they all refuse get proof that they failed to quote you and go back to your orignal insurance company and they will have to quote you, I done this and expected the quote to be something huge and unreasonable but it was a very reasonable quote, worth a try anyway

• Closed Accounts Posts: 450 ✭✭p-nut

i'm 18 with a full licence for 9 months and not even a year NCB under my own name, and 1 years experience as a provisional driver under my mams name and i just got a quote i'd be happy to pay on a 172 clio....

it can be done;)

• Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

dont keep it a secret p-nut! :D;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 450 ✭✭p-nut

draffodx wrote: »
    dont keep it a secret p-nut! :D;)

just considering the next bus after the saxo;)

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭Toon--soldier

ramanujan wrote: »

best of luck!

just outa interest how much were u being qutoed?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 134 ✭✭ramanujan

just outa interest how much were u being qutoed?

before or after i hit 21?
    before i was getting quotes in the region of 4 grand. its stupid how much a loading they put on for the gti badge. even an s3 would have been alot cheaper to insure. in fact the gti was the dearest to insure out of all the cars i was looking at even though it was by no means the fastest.

then when i turned 21 i got a quote for 1700 fully comp which im happy with.

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭Toon--soldier

4k ouch

• Closed Accounts Posts: 215 ✭✭whacker4fun

insure.ie

insure.ie

Most expensive one out there!

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭YraggarY

Hey there, have you tried looking at Tesco Car Insurance? They're quite reasonable, and are one of the only companies whose online quote actually works! The others all say they haven't got enough information to make a decision and whatnot.
    What's even better is that the online price you get is the one they'll insure you for! If you're not happy, you might be able to get a better deal by calling them? :)
    Well worth a look anyways!

- Gary

Advertisement