Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

10 things I hate about online ( and sometimes offline ) pro evo

Options
  • 21-03-2008 12:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭

Not in any order

1. Why oh why can people only pick barca, inter, brazil or man utd. It makes the games crap and unrealistic.

2. The lag in the games, a player is in his own box and in a second he is through on goal. WTF ?

3. Those stupid comments you can say after scoring a goal. What kind of person says hahahahaha after a goal ? D1ckless c*nts

4. Inter Milan - Adriano & Ibra. are sh1te in real life how are they gods in this game ?

5. Red Cards ? Why is it so easy to get one. I got one for hitting off a guy in his own box.

6. Injury time ? Somehow when the clock says no injury time your opponent is able to have 2 clear cut chances to score.

7. People who change their team at the last second. Like when the hold on portugal so you pick Ireland. And then like a flash the pick Brazil. ITS ONLY A FRICKEN GAME !!!

8. People who turn off the match when you go a few goals up. Why give up ? I cames back from 4-0 down a few times.

9. I usually pick liverpool, why the hell is alonso so bad this time ? He is a quality player in real life.

10. I give up - you come up with number 10

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭Sabre0001

People want to win is the answer to some of your questions (#1, #7, #8), if you find regular people to play against you can have more fun or agree on certain things. When I play with friends sometimes it's random teams (though getting Wigan v Chelsea is a pain; still won! :D)

Injury time in Pro Evo is a joke - the clock stops at every stoppage, therefore there is no need for any injury time at all!

Player ratings seem a bit skewed - I remember an old version where Heskey was almost as skillful as Ronaldinho; comp was doing 360 spins and shuffles...rather than the boot and hope approach!

🤪

• Registered Users Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

As a Manchester United fan am i not allowed to pick them? Every team is beatable, ie. Barca = Victor Valdes... I rest my case.

Agree with every other point though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭StickyMcGinty

Red5 wrote: »
    ITS ONLY A FRICKEN GAME !!!

you need to take some of your own advice there man and chill out.

People pick barca, united et al cause thats the team they want to play with. whats wrong with that? if someone picks barca i'll pick another team i know i can beat them with

also, just set up a game with national teams only. cuts out a lot of the BS

• Registered Users Posts: 7,688 ✭✭✭Nailz

Okay then pal, I'll throw some of my views in the mix...

1. Why oh why can people only pick barca, inter, brazil or man utd. It makes the games crap and unrealistic.
    MY VIEW: The reason why people pick Internatzionale, Barca and Brazil is because they are hell-bent on winning unfairly to go up through the ranks or they are French, but that's basically the samething... I pick UNITED because I'm a UNITED supporter, nothing wrong there. What I do is if they pick one of them 3, you pick the same one, this pisses them off big time and it brings them down to size. Then you can sing "This Is How It Feels" to him... but if you're a UNITED fan you can sing this to him! :p

2. The lag in the games, a player is in his own box and in a second he is through on goal. WTF ?
    MY VIEW: I know, can't complain there...

3. Those stupid comments you can say after scoring a goal. What kind of person says hahahahaha after a goal ? D1ckless c*nts
    MY VIEW: I know, stupid. But it's alway either Frenchmen, Americans or 13 year olds who always sing it so you have the last laugh. :)

4. Inter Milan - Adriano & Ibra. are sh1te in real life how are they gods in this game ?
    MY VIEW: Adriano is shìte, so no complaining. But I could argue a case for Zlatan.

5. Red Cards ? Why is it so easy to get one. I got one for hitting off a guy in his own box.
    MY VIEW: In all fairness that has nothing to do with it being online...

6. Injury time ? Somehow when the clock says no injury time your opponent is able to have 2 clear cut chances to score.
    MY VIEW: Once again, has nothing to do with it being online.

7. People who change their team at the last second. Like when the hold on portugal so you pick Ireland. And then like a flash the pick Brazil. ITS ONLY A FRICKEN GAME !!!
    MY VIEW: Happened once when I picked Ireland, twice or three times actually! It was an arogant French twat again! :rolleyes: I was always Ireland in small Internationals, then they picked Brazil. But I get so pissed off at them, I won the matches! All of them!! :D Kinda' like Waterboy, so if this happens again, do a Waterboy like me! ;)

8. People who turn off the match when you go a few goals up. Why give up ? I cames back from 4-0 down a few times.
    MY VIEW:Yeah this sickens the arse of me aswell... happened a few times also. Once I was beating a Frenchman 8/9-0, it went into stoppage time and the cùnt quit the game!! Afterwards I sent an abusive message to him about France and it's people (not going to post it, I might get banned) and he responded saying I was unfair and a cheater because I picked Brazil, but I picked Brazil because he picked Brazil!!! :mad: Typical French!

9. I usually pick liverpool, why the hell is alonso so bad this time ? He is a quality player in real life.
    MY VIEW: Don't worry pal, Gerrard makes up for it because he's shìt in real life!

MY VIEW: The French!

While i don't agree with people not picking who they want i have to say i HATE when there's someone who picks the SAME team everytime which is always either Barca or Inter.

Up until a few days ago i NEVER picked the same team twice, but now im sticking to Chelsea as my record is 10 times better with them(in my ''last 20 games'' ive only drawn 2 and won the rest, couple of losses with other teams doh, so trying to stick with them now)

Also i think you'll notice that the ''Same team bandits'' are the dickheads who CONSTANTLY run down the line and then turn towards the goal and try ball the ball in the net. It's a tactic ill only try if im losing or drawing late on(why not too?. no point taking shots and missing when you need to score) but apart from that ill keep shooting from everywhere. It gets annoying with most of them, like they could be 2/3 up and they still try to do it, come on to **** and lossen up since your a few up and try make the game fun.:mad:

The lag and boring players are my main probs with the game!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 17 Tobikov

Agree with pretty much all the gripes listed above.

Only thing I'd say regarding 'cut-back merchants' is that cutting the ball back has been the most effective way of scoring in the Pro Evo games since at least PES 1 on PS2. While it's not in keeping with a utopian idea of playing Total Football (and is something I try to avoid) I wouldn't hold a grudge against anyone who plays that way.

Quitters on the other hand really grind my gears. Played my 1st game of PES 2008 online last week agianst a Spanish lad who picked Barca (I picked Valencia). Had a really flowing game that was end to end and we both scored some very good goals. I ended up winning 6-4 and of course, he quit in injury time. No sense of fair play at all. Worst thing was that I had scored a v. nice Villa free kick from 28M out, and because he quit, I missed out on the FK achievement and 50 points for my pretty miserable gamerscore! :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭StickyMcGinty

Tobikov wrote: »

Quitters on the other hand really grind my gears. Played my 1st game of PES 2008 online last week agianst a Spanish lad who picked Barca (I picked Valencia). Had a really flowing game that was end to end and we both scored some very good goals. I ended up winning 6-4 and of course, he quit in injury time. No sense of fair play at all. Worst thing was that I had scored a v. nice Villa free kick from 28M out, and because he quit, I missed out on the FK achievement and 50 points for my pretty miserable gamerscore! :mad:

a sh!t buzz, i dont know what konami do be thinkin sometimes, i mean, if your winning and the other person quits it should just register the score as-is. if your loosing/drawing and they quit then i'll take 3-0 :D

cutback kings do my nut in too, but if they do it once then its fair game.

anyone else pick england btw? have to be one of the best sides in the game.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,296 ✭✭✭RandolphEsq

Tobikov wrote: »
    Agree with pretty much all the gripes listed above.

Only thing I'd say regarding 'cut-back merchants' is that cutting the ball back has been the most effective way of scoring in the Pro Evo games since at least PES 1 on PS2. While it's not in keeping with a utopian idea of playing Total Football (and is something I try to avoid) I wouldn't hold a grudge against anyone who plays that way.

Oh if someone is Barcelona and just runs down the wing with Henry or Messi, then cuts inside and just passes it to Etoo I go crazy. I suppose the thing to do is either play everyone back, or just hack them down.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,091 ✭✭✭brian plank

your right on every point. ibrahimovich is USELESS in real life but cant be tackled in pro evo. adriano is a fat alcoholic in real life but can score from anywhere in pro evo.

try picking ac milan. their good enough to beat anyone. barca have rubbish defence and keeper.

oh and anyone who gets caught with cut backs shouldn't admit to it. thats what defenders are for.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 119 ✭✭Pigman III

Nailz wrote: »
    Okay then pal, I'll throw some of my views in the mix...

MY VIEW: The reason why people pick Internatzionale, Barca and Brazil is because they are hell-bent on winning unfairly to go up through the ranks or they are French, but that's basically the samething... I pick UNITED because I'm a UNITED supporter, nothing wrong there. What I do is if they pick one of them 3, you pick the same one, this pisses them off big time and it brings them down to size. Then you can sing "This Is How It Feels" to him... but if you're a UNITED fan you can sing this to him! :p

MY VIEW: I know, can't complain there...

MY VIEW: I know, stupid. But it's alway either Frenchmen, Americans or 13 year olds who always sing it so you have the last laugh. :)

MY VIEW: Adriano is shìte, so no complaining. But I could argue a case for Zlatan.

MY VIEW: In all fairness that has nothing to do with it being online...

MY VIEW: Once again, has nothing to do with it being online.

MY VIEW: Happened once when I picked Ireland, twice or three times actually! It was an arogant French twat again! :rolleyes: I was always Ireland in small Internationals, then they picked Brazil. But I get so pissed off at them, I won the matches! All of them!! :D Kinda' like Waterboy, so if this happens again, do a Waterboy like me! ;)

MY VIEW:Yeah this sickens the arse of me aswell... happened a few times also. Once I was beating a Frenchman 8/9-0, it went into stoppage time and the cùnt quit the game!! Afterwards I sent an abusive message to him about France and it's people (not going to post it, I might get banned) and he responded saying I was unfair and a cheater because I picked Brazil, but I picked Brazil because he picked Brazil!!! :mad: Typical French!

MY VIEW: Don't worry pal, Gerrard makes up for it because he's shìt in real life!

Hiya Paul, how are you? Calm down lad, it's only a game!:p

• Advertisement

Oh hi Greg, how are you? I was on a ban for the last month. Please don't talk to people personaly over the board, PM them if you want to talk.

Anywoo, cutbacks' are there to be used, why shouldn't they not admit to being caught by them?! They are hateful, cùnt-ish things that catch you out 9 out of 10 times... that's why I always use them! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,771 ✭✭✭jebuz

I think Konami have to do something about the cnuts that constantly disconnect. There's nothing worse than having a great game, only to have it all cancelled out by some french prick who can't take losing (seriously its always the french). I've looked at a few of their profiles and with some of them the majority of their losses are disconnects, its ridiculous.

I think there should be warnings after a certain amount of disconnects, and after that if it continues, ban the person from online play, simple as!

Nailz wrote: »
    ...they are hell-bent on winning unfairly to go up through the ranks or they are French

...I know, stupid. But it's alway either Frenchmen, Americans or 13 year olds

...twice or three times actually! It was an arogant French twat again! :rolleyes:...
    ...Once I was beating a Frenchman 8/9-0, it went into stoppage time and the cùnt quit the game!! Afterwards I sent an abusive message to him about France and it's people (not going to post it, I might get banned) and he responded saying I was unfair and a cheater because I picked Brazil, but I picked Brazil because he picked Brazil!!! :mad: Typical French!...

...10. I give up - you come up with number 10
    jebuz wrote: »
    There's nothing worse than having a great game, only to have it all cancelled out by some french prick who can't take losing (seriously its always the french). I've looked at a few of their profiles and with some of them the majority of their losses are disconnects, its ridiculous.
    Hey man, I like your point of view!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,182 ✭✭✭dionsiseire

In PES 6 i used to play all the time, the consistant problems with this PES online have me barely playing the game.

Me and the mates play random random and if we pick our teams i pick newcastle united (supporter) and i enjoy playing as my team, im rarely beaten these days.

I play online sometimes and dish out beatings to players with brazil and man u and barca, the opposition mean nothing to me, i dont care what team im playing, if i defend well and put my chances away, nobody will beat me.

i think its a case here of half the players of this game want an easy ride. sometimes the greater feat is to beat the supposedly unbeatable, overcome the impossible. if your not good enough to do it, take your defeat it will make you a better player.

as for running down the wings and cutting it in
    LEARN TO DEFEND

if i have to listen to one more person moan about that move, i mean honestly,

GAME : football
    OBJECTIVE : win
    TACTIC : successfully break down the defense leading to a goal or several.

clearly this tactic works, and as "unbeautiful" or "not cool" as it might seem, they found a weakness in your game and your not good enough to stop it. learn to defend, pull defenders out, block the play, ACTUALLY LEARN TO PLAY THE GAME.

all the moaning just sounds like you think your a brilliant player and cant understand why people beat you when the answer is right in front of you.

The only thing i agree with is the easier to get red cards, the people disconnecting and lag

oh

and the french

• Registered Users Posts: 1,771 ✭✭✭jebuz

Good point Dion, I have to say my defending has improved dramatically since I got pes08. The most common attack from any opponent will be down the wings, same as a real game. Learn to read the game, drop a few yards before you see the through ball down the wing, intercept and start your own attack. People will want to score, people don't mind running down the wing and cutting in as long as theres a goal in it, i do it! A good player will vary his attacks too, especially if you're playing a defensively skilled player.

As for the french...something needs to be done

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 eoghanisonfire

why the hell is it so easy to concede from free kicks!!?!???

I don't know, but a word to the wise, don't give England direct Free Kicks!!

haha i even concede from fenerbahce free kicks!? against petr cech of all people. dont think ive played against england yet, gonna get demolished by set pieces id say

Who do you normally play as? What's your difficulty too? In all fairness, you don't concede that many free kicks, do you???

in my master league i play as chelsea. i play with difficulty on top player, and master league level very hard, em well if i give away a free kick just outside the box, i seem to conceed a goal from about 60% to 70% of them

• Advertisement

Well I've figured out your problem from the first answer, you're playing with Chelsea... :D

this is why i dont tell people that haha

well petr cech (my favourite goalie of all time) has saved me from many's a defeat, maybe its just that he's not athletic enough? cus he cant save penalties in real life.

oh, and i dont trust keepers that aren't left footed lol

:D I'm left footed so would I be suitable for the job?! :P

I normally have many ML modes with many different teams, and I always end up buying Buffon. You can't hide class! I, as a United supporter, always pick them first. Then, as I support and Semi-Live there, I pick Ù.D Almeria second. I alway make changes at back first. With United you really can't do much, because we're class! :D But when it comes to Almeria, you have to make those changes cause they're Spanish. :)

May I ask, whats you position in ML, League-wise, money-wise, ect.?

well im not at home so i dont know how much money u have, i know its a fair amount cus nobody will sell me any decent players, accidentally let ashley cole go and tried to but daniel alves but no dice:mad:

im top of the league, cus im great haha. liverpool are about 2 points behind though, and this is only my first season in the top flite.

im usually playing the ps2 version though because i have it here in college, but its such a small screen that it's near impossible to score, too used to the one at home. oh and im atletico madrid, not the greatest team in the world, and aguero is very underrated in the game

Yeah he is isn't he, but in all fairness I wouldn't be disappointed by letting Cashley go, he's a twat anyway!

wayne bridge could be the nicest fella in the world but he's no ashley cole haha

Well when Ruud van Nistelrooy bullied Ronaldo at United, whom at the time he was better and more key for United at that time, Fergie saw RVN was being a bollox, sold him off and kept the nice guy. And that nice guy is now English Player of the Year 2 years running, and is currently the best player in the world. :D So give him time.;)

well i like ronaldo too, but wayne bridge is kinda ****e lol

ronaldo never was

Well, now in all fairness, you can't just say Brigde is shìt. He isn't, he's just not as good as the likes of Evra, but you can't complain as Evra is the best left back in the World.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 92 ✭✭nige1982

I think there should be an option to set up a ramdom pick game make it a bit more enjoyable that playing Barca ALL the time i never pick them out of princable, I do ramdom picks mostly if some on wat to play random send me your Xbox Live gamer tag

Advertisement