Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Any tips

• 21-03-2008 1:06pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 78 ✭✭

I have tried Alan Carrs book, gave them up for three weeks, went back on them, read the book again, gave them up for two weeks, went back on them, I have done this four times. Last time I managed two days of hardship and then still went back on them, two days of craving and then back to smoking. Is there a pill or something that you can take that makes then taste so bad that you couldn't smoke?? Will try anything at this stage, I'm on 30 a day and apart from the cost of them, I feel like a bus rolled over me every morning, finding it harder to get out of bed. I'm only 33 but feel 63

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 719 ✭✭✭V Bull

I'm off the smokes since October 07, no cravings or with-drawls, don't even miss them and I've been smoking since I was a kid (over 50 now). I used those new tablets Champix (expensive but worth it), check them out with your doctor, cannt be bought over the counter..............:cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,651 ✭✭✭Captain Slow IRL

Allen Carr has a follow-up book - "how to stop smoking permanantly" It's supposed to help you after you've quit - might be a cheaper way to start before the champix!

You're doing good so far - you gotta get it into you that they'll only create more problems/stress than they cure.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 78 ✭✭hippychippy

Tried both Alan Carr books, how much is the Champix???

Advertisement