Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

3 Usb modem problem

Options
  • 21-03-2008 1:08pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8

Hi.

Friend of mine have a laptop. He just bought that new USB modem from 3 ( its black on green or so ). Installation went fine, software installed withouth any problems and modem as well ( i think 3 times as modem, data interface and something ). Problem is when i start software and press connect its saying that usb modem cant initialise or its not detected. In software itself there are 4 icons, modem communiacation, sim card, pc communiaction and network. All off them are ok. Also in device manager i can see it under modems. I can't see it in my computer as usb hdd. System is WinXP, fresh instalation just drivers on tops. Anyone have idea what might be wrong?

Kajlo

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

this was and still is a problem for people using the older white huaewii e220 modem and now appears to be an issue with the newer modem? what are three playing at??

• Registered Users Posts: 4,224 ✭✭✭Walkman

foggy_lad wrote: »
    this was and still is a problem for people using the older white huaewii e220 modem and now appears to be an issue with the newer modem? what are three playing at??

Foggy do you ever offer advice or just come here to critise???
    OP there is a dedicated tech support free phone number which escapes me at the moment, call any 3store, carphone store etc... and they will give it to you.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,447 ✭✭✭corkie

Searching for the type modem I believe your using, I found this guide to on how to get it working.
    ZTE MF622 USB HSDPA modem, windows installation problem, drivers, 3 mobile broadband

In reading that guide it's seems to be a long way around to solve the problem, there maybe an easier solution out there.

With the older e220 modem which I use, just getting device initialized correctly once. Seemed to work.

Hope the above link helps.

Regards
    J.

Advertisement