Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Battlefield Bad Company Beta

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

I read on a different forum that all the public Betas were gone, and that EA were considering making more the way COD4 did.

I hope they do.

EDIT: only for IGN insiders, i just got this:
    "You have passed screening, but only subscriber keys are left. Select a package to the right to continue the beta signup."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,839 ✭✭✭balkieb2002

Got my key there yesterday.
    Fileplanet subscription finally came good for something!!

Any one know what time this is actually starting tomorrow? Downloaded it there (only 1Gb but only 2 maps) and all it say is servers open 25/3 but no actual times or any other information so all I can do is browse the games options, unlocks etc :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭CyberWaste

So you have to pay for it? Theres no way of getting a Key for free?

They had free keys earlier but they went very fast as usual for closed betas and only the normal sub keys left (which was lucky as didn't see until FP told me about it in their weekly newsletter!)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,905 ✭✭✭bucks73

I have it downloaded and one other on my friends list has it too. Gonna give it a bash tonight.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 396 ✭✭monomaniac

Only just heard about it this morning - got code (IGN Insider) this morn around 10am - haven't been able to download the beta though. Keeps telling me the code is invalid. Tried a number of times since then.

If anyone is able to successfully download today please post here. I'm wondering if they have removed the download but not updated the ign site.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,127 ✭✭✭smcelhinney

Is it live yet..? Have the "game sweats" here in work in anticipation..

monomaniac wrote: »
    Only just heard about it this morning - got code (IGN Insider) this morn around 10am - haven't been able to download the beta though. Keeps telling me the code is invalid. Tried a number of times since then.

If anyone is able to successfully download today please post here. I'm wondering if they have removed the download but not updated the ign site.

Not just me then:

http://forums.ea.com/mboards/thread.jspa?threadID=350659&tstart=0

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,905 ✭✭✭bucks73

Its live alright. My mate has been on it today.

• Advertisement

Yeah it alive and kicking. Only problem its quite impossible to get on a server as they dont have enough of them at moment. Too many people trying get on = very high server load.

I'll try again later tonight to see if any change.
    “I can’t join” – We underestimated the number of people that wanted to join the Beta at once. We are also having some load balancing issues which is limiting the overall capacity. We are working full time on opening up more servers, please bare with us.

“Invalid keys” – Some players in certain regions that tried to download the Beta early before launch have received an “Invalid code” message. This is due to a mistake where some regions were not activated for the Beta, which should now be resolved.

Tried to log in again after a few hours last night and eventually got in and damn it was worth the wait. One word describes my feeling of the game so far: WOW!

There nothing like hiding in a house picking off people then suddenly a tank shell comes and blows a chunk of the house away!!

I have not been following the game (the Xbox version - major fan of PC installments) so did not know much about it but was fairly suprised of how good it was from my few hours play.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 845 ✭✭✭red dave

Has anyone else tried the Beta??

Very interested to see how this fairs out compared to COD4 etc.

Better/Worse

Played for a short while yesterday. Found the destructive scenery to be great fun and liked the idea of choosing whether to re-spawn in the thick of the action or at a safer distance.
    Vehicles are good fun - I even respawned in the back of a truck crashing through a field - not sure if it was a bug but it surprised me!

It did feel quite buggy in comparison to the Halo 3 and COD4 betas last year. Whenever you die you have to wait for a progress bar to reach 100% before you can even click the A button to re-join.
    I'd rather click the button anytime and when the progess bar reaches 100% be automatically inserted back into the game.

I didn't like the sfx -especially the voices. I couldn't tell when people were talking or if it was in-game voices.

I'm sure these types of issues will be resolved before the final game.

After half an hour I found myself getting bored and returned to the consistently briliant COD4. If the single player gets good reviews I'll definitely buy - the multiplayer alone wouldn't be enough to sell it to me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,127 ✭✭✭smcelhinney

Much of the same for me. Its quite a good game, but I think its appeal would be to the clan-based gamers, as jumping right in to a battle with a load of strangers is bloody frustrating when they're all running around like headless chickens, with zero strategy.

I liked it though.

But, as above, straight back to CoD4 for a proper game.

Advertisement