Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Mothers got to love them

• 21-03-2008 1:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 591 ✭✭✭

1. My mother taught me TO APPRECIATE A JOB WELL DONE .
    'If you're going to kill each other, do it outside. I just finished cleaning.'

2. My mother taught me RELIGION.
    'You better pray that will come out of the carpet.

3. My mother taught me about TIME TRAVEL .
    'If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!'

4. My mother taught me LOGIC.
    ' Because I said so, that's why.'

5. My mother taught me MORE LOGIC.
    'If you fall out of that swing and break your neck, you're not going to the store with me.'

6. My mother taught me FORESIGHT.
    'Make sure you wear clean underwear, in case you're in an accident.'

7. My mother taught me IRONY
    'Keep crying, and I'll give you something to cry about.'

8. My mother taught me about the science of OSMOSIS.
    'Shut your mouth and eat your supper.'

9. My mother taught me about CONTORTIONISM.
    'Will you look at that dirt on the back of your neck!'

10. My mother taught me about STAMINA.
    'You'll sit there until all that spinach is gone.'

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 528 ✭✭✭FrCrilly

This reminds me of Billy Connolly jokes about his father. Something along the lines of:

If my father was hitting me, he'd ask "Have you had enough, do you want more????". What a stupid question. Am I supposed to say "I suppose a kick in the testicles would be out of the question?"

Father: Where were you?
    Billy: I was out on my bike.
    Father: Out on your bike. I'LL GIVE YA' BIKE!!!!!!.
    What the f*ck is that supposed to mean?

The most stupid question in the history of the human race has to be that question that your parents ask you when you're young.
    "Where did you lose it?"
    "It's lost, that means I don't know where it f*ckin is!!!!"

Advertisement