Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

VEC interview.

• 21-03-2008 1:47pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,943 ✭✭✭

Hey guys, my partner is going for an interview for a job as a secondary school resource teacher through the VEC shortly. I was wondering if anyone here has gone through something similar and might have some advice and words of wisdom for me, as she is unsure of what to expect in terms of the process, etc. Any help would be greatly appreciated. TIA.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 946 ✭✭✭Enright

Read up on the education act
    know the details of any relevent white papers

how will deal with unruly children?
    how will you deal with unmotivated children?

i assume your partner has experience in special needs or has done the dip in special needs education

hope it goes well

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,271 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Even if you're only going to be based in one centre, it's no harm show you know what the VEC does (and some of them do lots). Prison education, deaf education, refugee supports, traveller education, Youthreach, community training workshops, educational psychological services, curriculum development services, third level courses, educational innovation in general - find out about 'your' VEC. Candidates often have strange notions about VECs and their clientele and VEC boards love getting people who have a clue what they are about. For the general run of the interview they tend, in the CDVEC at least, to use the application form as their guide.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,943 ✭✭✭Burning Eclipse

Holy thread resurection Batman.

Just to say thanks for the advice people, and that she got the job!! :D

Advertisement