Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Insurance for test

Options
  • 21-03-2008 2:22pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

Hi guys.,
    quick question, i have my test next week and there is a problem with my car that will probably not be fixed in time so im going to use a friends car. I have temporarily transfered my insurance on to my friends car and i have a letter to prove this. The thing is my friend hasnt been using the car for a while so there is no insurance on it. Could i do the test if i just put up the disc out of my own car and bring the letter from the insurance company with me?
    Cheers.

Comments

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,518 Mod ✭✭✭✭5uspect

You could just hire a driving instructors car for the day and save yourself some hassle.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,502 ✭✭✭chris85

Hi guys.,
    quick question, i have my test next week and there is a problem with my car that will probably not be fixed in time so im going to use a friends car. I have temporarily transfered my insurance on to my friends car and i have a letter to prove this. The thing is my friend hasnt been using the car for a while so there is no insurance on it. Could i do the test if i just put up the disc out of my own car and bring the letter from the insurance company with me?
    Cheers.

Get the insurance company to send a disc out asap. Doesnt matter that your friend aint insured on the car, your transfer of insurance covers you so you are insred but the examiner will need to see a disc or cert showing you are insured on the car (cert from your insurane which has the car reg on it).

Also make sure your friends car is NCT'd and taxed.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,993 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

Could i do the test if i just put up the disc out of my own car and bring the letter from the insurance company with me?
    If the registration number on the disc doesn't match the registration of the car, the examiner will abandon the test!

Advertisement