Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Modem need resetting after power cut

Options
  • 21-03-2008 3:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭

I have a problem with a modem, a D-Link D-300, which requires it to be reset every time the power goes out. Having browsed around it seems that D-links are prone to this so I was wondering if someone can suggest an alternative as it is becoming very tedious to have to reset it again and again. Given that a UPS is an awful lot more expensive a replacement modem seems the best solution.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

Bumping this with a bit more explanation. Basically when there is a power cut the router can no longer find the modem and I have to reset the connection manually so that the router can find the DSL/modem again. This is a real nuisance and I would rather have a modem that will not need to be reset and will pick up and pass through the DSL automatically.

Advertisement