Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Good cheap lawnmower

Options
  • 21-03-2008 3:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 309 ✭✭

Before anyone points it out I know my thread title is a bit of an oximoron!

Anyway, Lidl had a lawnmower a couple of weeks back for 279e. It looked pretty decent with a decent engine etc, plus a plastic frame. However it was a self drive and I though that, as I dont need self drive for the lawn I have, I could probably get an equivalent pusher mower without the selfdrive for cheaper. Alas I think I was wrong.
    To summarise I am looking for
    -Decent engine make (e.g. Briggs & Stratton)
    -Plastic frame (last longer than steel and cant afford aluminium)
    -Cheap i.e. ~200e

Any ideas? Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 314 ✭✭Gonzales

try your local hire centre for an ex-hire mower, they will usually use a robust relable brand & will be serviced regularily, they may even offer warranty, if not you can ask.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,611 ✭✭✭djmc

argos have one in there catalog for 150
    I have also seen some in woodies and homebase that were around 200 euro
    I think they might have b&s engine in homebase

• Registered Users Posts: 1,451 ✭✭✭Onikage

Woodies do cheap B&S mowers from time to time, most recent was a 6HP for 250 in feb.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,724 ✭✭✭Dilbert75

Was looking in Topline hardware flyer over the weekend - they have a Castelgarden 19" steel deck (keep it fairly clean and dry, should last well) with 3.5hp B&S engine for about €219 IIRC. Its the same as mine and I find it perfect - usually takes maybe 3 pulls to start from cold, 1 pull every other time. My grass takes about 20 mins to cut each time, so doesn't justify anything bigger.

PS Before I got my one (about 4 years ago) I was looking at 2nd hand Husquvarna (sp?) and the plastic deck had split on it, couldn't be repaired.

Advertisement