Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hey Alco's

Options
  • 21-03-2008 3:36pm
    Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭

Where do you all recycle your glass bottles around town (Portarlington). I use to use the recycle center in Super Value. It' now gone since they done up the car park. Their is anther one down by the school . It was full and was overloaded with black bags of bottles flung around the place.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 612 ✭✭✭ports best

did anyone see that bottle bank over the weekend down near the school, holy feck lads they need to empty that and soon

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭Silent Rain

Managed to squeeze mine in, just before they started overflowing. Not sure if Supervalue insisted the coco to remove their recycle bins when they were resurfacing their carpark. They're probably not on the best of terms at the moment since the coco gave permission for Tesco on the floodplain and there are rumours of a Dunnes appearing in town at some stage too. Could badly do with another, WELL SERVICED recycle depot.

is that the only one in town silent up at the school

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭kikel

When i was their on Friday. I could get mine in but their was still a dozen bags full of glass left on the ground. I saw it on Monday and the place was a joke.

PB i couldn't find another around town.

I was in Portlaoise lately and houses there have small blue carry bins for bottles. Not big enough for my alcohol consumption but it's a start.

• Advertisement

kikel wrote: »
    I was in Portlaoise lately and houses there have small blue carry bins for bottles. Not big enough for my alcohol consumption but it's a start.

AES provide this service in Portlaoise. They plan to bring it to Portarlington but they don't have a planned roll out of it it.

As far as I know, its the only one in operation at the moment, which explains why its overflowing....

i find that amazeing lads, well as always port suffers all the time when it comes to things like this.... 1 bottle bank for the whole of port, thats crap lads

• Subscribers Posts: 41,452 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

There used to be one in Botley Lane and one in the supervalue car park.
    It has made a HUGE difference removign these two... without replacement. The council ought to be strung up.

I will email the litter warden in the council for more info.

good man syd and let us know how you get on

• Advertisement

sydthebeat wrote: »
    There used to be one in Botley Lane and one in the supervalue car park.
    It has made a HUGE difference removign these two... without replacement. The council ought to be strung up.

I will email the litter warden in the council for more info.

Good man!! Might do the same myself. People power. Ya got an address.

I rang them just now. The one at the school is not a Laois Co. Co. problem.

Laois Co. Co. currently have no bottle banks in Portarlington.
    The Super Value Bottle bank should be reinstated during the coming weeks.

They are also looking for another site for another bottle bank.

well if the one at the school is offaly cc problem i doubt it will ever be sorted out, there worse than the laois crowd, maybe ray darcy could help on this, didnt he help that crowd in ballylinan with the pole in the middle of the road

• Registered Users Posts: 1,131 ✭✭✭Curvy Vixen

PB you should offer them your back garden...save you dragging that crate of empties around every Monday morning ;):p

my my arent we full of beans today Ms. Vixen... give me a creme egg plz. COYS:):D:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 787 ✭✭✭Roaster

I asked one of the managers in Super Valu about this last Monday week and he told me that they would be reinstated on the Thursday, just goes to show, customer service and all that.

If you do your shopping in Tescos in Tullamore there are recycling bins there.

Have beans and jacket potato lined up for my lunch actually so will be fuller of beans later :D

And some home-made gingerbread and some home-made cinnamon scones!

I dont even believe that you can bake CV.. And I guess the only way for you to prove elsewise would be to provide fingerfood for Friday... I like pretty much everything..... but again, as I'm gonna be late, probably best if its not all hot food....

i agree with silent rain he sounds like he knows what he is talking about and dessert can be the greme eggs curvy

I'm the perfect woman silent rain...ask PB LOL!!!!!

Trained as a chef when I left school ~ spent the day two weeks ago making these...(Think this is quite big but no idea how to shrink it!!! There are 200 cupcakes, both carrot cakes and chocolate Rolo cupcakes! And the big presents are one of each type of cake ~ covered in edible glitter...mmmm.....

_MG_6741.jpg

• Advertisement

cool pic curvy lol:D

OK, well maybe I'm just gonna completely rescind my earlier comment about your baking. That does indeed look pretty impressive.... Two days to make and I would think about 1 hour to disappear.

silent there is know way in this earthly world the vixen made that, if she did she should be on telly

PB, just how much money would you like to place on that bet?????

I have photo's with me arranging them and my sister blowing out the candles!! And I have the cake stand too actually LOL (€100 on Ebay!!) However, I have never been on telly!

Went to Cathal Brugha St for 4 years...must have learnt something there!!

otay otay im impressed curvy,it is cool doh and well done to you.:p

• Registered Users Posts: 865 ✭✭✭MajorMax

Marry Me!

who me major max;):cool:

The Super Value recycle bins are back. They aren't in the usual place, they are to the left of where they were in the corner.

• Registered Users Posts: 679 ✭✭✭undecided

wow curvy fair play you putting me to shame only thing I can bake are the tom and jerry cup cakes in the box:o

• Advertisement

Oh yum I love those cakes! I'd eat anything (and generally do, hence my name :o) and normally don't tell anyone that I trained as a chef. People tend not to want to feed you when they hear it...I'm just delighted with anyone who hands me a plate of food :D

Advertisement