Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Changing a URL

Options
  • 21-03-2008 3:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,621 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

I have been using a certain Url for my site for the past 3 years. However I would like to change it as we've changed the name of the body and its services. I'd like to keep the current url as everyone knows it, however for marketing I would like to be able to phase in the new url.
    So the question is, can I use 2 urls directing to the same site? I'm hosted by Pair.com

Thanks in advance guys
    Jon

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 397 ✭✭Design_Dude

Yep they sure can.

To try for free go to freedomain.co.nr and get a free .co.nr domain name and point it to your site. Itll work no bother

• Registered Users Posts: 4,621 ✭✭✭yomchi

Thanks guys, much appreciated

J

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

Depending on what your current domain is, the domain you had in mind and the kind of image you're looking for for your site, a free domain may not be the best idea.

it was just to show him that you can, not for permanent!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,621 ✭✭✭yomchi

I registered it with pair.com as they've been completely hassle free for me. 40 euro for 5 years, can't complain really.

Thanks again

Advertisement