Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Cubase Help

• 21-03-2008 4:18pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,531 ✭✭✭

Ok so im after downloading Cubase but i have to admit im completely baffled as to how this works, for a start there doesn't seem to be any sound off it, has anyone got Cubase and if so can you give me some some help to get me started,usually i can get my head around these type of things but this has left me baffled.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,790 ✭✭✭cornbb

Cubase is a beast of a product, it is very powerful and has a huge range of features but it has a learning curve to go with it.

Start off with a blank project. If you want to work with audio tracks (eg for recording audio or using samples etc) right-click on the blank project window and "Add Audio Track". Then find a WAV or AIFF file from somewhere and drag and drop it onto the track. This will enable you to start learning the transport controls, editing tools etc. If you want to use effects, check out the tabbed region to the left of the project window and look for "Inserts" or "Insert Effects" (don't have it in front of me so can't remember the exact terminology). Click a blank effect slot and select an effect from the drop-down list. Open a mixer (I think F3 is the shortcut key) and mess around a bit there.

If you want to work with MIDI (eg software instruments/synths/plugins) right click the project window and "Add MIDI Track". Use the pencil tool to draw a MIDI region, then open that and draw a few notes on the grid. You now need to hook this up to a plugin in order to create some sounds. Hit F11 and load a plugin into one of the blank slots. Then go back to your MIDI track, select it, and look for the "Outputs" option to the left of the project window. Select the plugin you just loaded from the drop down menu, you should now hear some notes when you play your MIDI sequence.

There's a hell of a lot more to it than that but thats a very rough guide that should/might get the ball rolling. Let me know if any of my instructions are unclear. Good luck with it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,531 ✭✭✭jonny68

Thanks for that mate ill give this a go later.:)

Advertisement