Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Finglas sgs centre

Options
  • 21-03-2008 4:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,624 ✭✭✭

Has anyone done the test in the new Finglas Sgs centre? If so does anyone have a test route, I have my test there this week.

Cheers,

Dan.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,993 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

AFAIK the SGS Finglas is the Northpoint centre in Ballymun. See existing thread. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,624 ✭✭✭Dancor

AFAIK the SGS Finglas is the Northpoint centre in Ballymun.

There is a brand new one open in Finglas, off the north road, behind Denis Mahony Toyota, its been open about 3 weeks ;)

dancor wrote: »
    There is a brand new one open in Finglas, off the north road, behind Denis Mahony Toyota, its been open about 3 weeks ;)
    Oops, sorry, I didn't know that dancor! :o

• Registered Users Posts: 927 ✭✭✭decob

Has anyone done the test in the new Finglas Sgs centre? If so does anyone have a test route, I have my test there this week.

Cheers,

Dan.

let us know how you get on/route taken... i've got my test with them in a few weeks...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 susana

I've my test there Wednesday :eek:- My instructor says to watch out for are the exit onto the dual carriageway and round the roundabout and back. Also, a lot of the testers apparently go into the housing estate which is to the right when you're coming back from that first junction. You turn right and into Casement road where there are some vicious speedbumps. We were out there Thursday and there were two examiners doing the reverse around the corner just there.

• Advertisement

susana wrote: »
    I've my test there Wednesday :eek:- My instructor says to watch out for are the exit onto the dual carriageway and round the roundabout and back. Also, a lot of the testers apparently go into the housing estate which is to the right when you're coming back from that first junction. You turn right and into Casement road where there are some vicious speedbumps. We were out there Thursday and there were two examiners doing the reverse around the corner just there.

Cheers for that advise, my GF has hers there on wednsday too, Best of luck.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 twingo

I had my test there on Friday and passed, Yay!
    The route was out of the test centre, around the roundabout, back up and straight through the Lidl roundabout. We went off at the slip road and turned right. We went straight up towards Cappagh hospital but before that turned into a housing estate and drove around it. Then we went back down the slip road and back to the test centre. The tester was nice but did me for stopping at an orange light. He asked loads of questions at the start, yellow box, when can you overtake on the left, dipped headlights, turning right and lots of signs. Best of luck!!!

twingo wrote: »
    The route was out of the test centre, around the roundabout, back up and straight through the Lidl roundabout. We went off at the slip road and turned right. We went straight up towards Cappagh hospital but before that turned into a housing estate and drove around it. Then we went back down the slip road and back to the test centre. The tester was nice but did me for stopping at an orange light. He asked loads of questions at the start, yellow box, when can you overtake on the left, dipped headlights, turning right and lots of signs. Best of luck!!!

Ill check that route too, Congratulations on passing.

twingo wrote: »

Congratulations! and tks for that too - will have a go at that tomorrow I hope.

Now for quick (and desperate!) question - do they check your reversing lights? Mine have just blown and are shorting out (went through THREE) fuses :eek:. Impossible to find the shorts and my dad - who is more of a mechanic than I am - reckons it might take the garage an age to find it as well. any advice? Test on Wednesday morn.

Now for quick (and desperate!) question - do they check your reversing lights?
    No - reversing lights are not a statutory requirement in this country, therefore you cannot be penalised for not having them.

• Advertisement

No - reversing lights are not a statutory requirement in this country, therefore you cannot be penalised for not having them.

Thank you thank you! calm returns..:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 twingo

Hey susana,
    The guy just checked my front and rear indicators and rear brake lights not reversing lights. Best of luck with the test

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 3,331 ✭✭✭Splinter

morning folks, thanks for all the help. i have my test on thursday afternoon in finglas :) good luck to you all

The Gf passed her test here this morning with flying colours :D, She said the guy was sound and the route was handy, Im deighted for her, I hope I can repeat that form tommorow :)

The Gf passed her test here this morning with flying colours :D, She said the guy was sound and the route was handy, Im deighted for her, I hope I can repeat that form tommorow :)

Well done to her! Passed this morning as well - they were all REALLY nice there, instructor was really sound, did the route as below, up the slip road after the LIDL roundabout and towards Cappagh hospital. So delighted.:D

Good luck with yours.

Good luck with yours.

thnks, But i fail this morning :(

aww no :( what happened

splinter wrote: »
    aww no :( what happened

Clutch control, Four G2 under that heading, even if I got three under that heading I would have passed, The sgs guy was cool, He told me other than that I breezed through it.
    My instructer never said anything about my foot work so I assumed i was doing everything good.

I hope I get sgs next time to, they were more friendly than the rsa people.

Clutch control, Four G2 under that heading, even if I got three under that heading I would have passed, The sgs guy was cool, He told me other than that I breezed through it.
    My instructer never said anything about my foot work so I assumed i was doing everything good.

I hope I get sgs next time to, they were more friendly than the rsa people.
    aww sorry to hear :( i have my test at 4pm there... good luck to me :)

aww sorry to hear :( i have my test at 4pm there... good luck to me :)

Best of luck.

• Advertisement

failed for hesitation on the straights and roundabout :(
    brought me down to the finglas inn and around that area and back :(

failed for hesitation on the straights and roundabout :(
    brought me down to the finglas inn and around that area and back :(

Hard luck Splinter, I applied again strait away yesterday.

aye, tried to, but drivingtest.ie doesnt appear to be working correctly, ill give them a call later :)

thnks, But i fail this morning :(

Aw, hard luck. :( Hope the next date comes round quickly.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 barbieboots

Hey, i have my test there this saturday, can anyone tell me what corners they did there reversing around the corner on???

Hey, i have my test there this saturday, can anyone tell me what corners they did there reversing around the corner on???

hey, my instructor brought me round the estate off Casement road - right at LIDL roundabout if you are coming toward finglas away from the test centre and right again and we saw two testers in there doing the reversing.
    when i did my test we did it in there but got in there by going through lidl roundabout, up slip road, right instead of going into the village, then right at the first roundabout and there are loads of little roads around there - that's where we did reversing and turnabout - they're all quite quiet there.
    best of luck!

thats great thanks, i had a lesson last night i didn get a chance to do a turnabout but he pointed to the next estate over.

:)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,980 ✭✭✭minikin

bin-L-plates.gif

Passed the test this morning, very nervous but got a nice lady tester...
    Was convinced I had failed (bit of a knacker on the clutch today for some reason)
    The route was handy enough... nothing unexpected.

In some ways you're better off not knowing the route, keeps you from becoming complacent.

minikin wrote: »
    bin-L-plates.gif

Passed the test this morning, very nervous but got a nice lady tester...
    Was convinced I had failed (bit of a knacker on the clutch today for some reason)
    The route was handy enough... nothing unexpected.

were did you go around?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,980 ✭✭✭minikin

4th exit off the main roundabout (back towards finglas)
    right at the next roundabout
    right at the T junc (housing estate)
    up to top of road and follow road around to left...
    tell you what I'll post up a map this evening (work!)

Advertisement