Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How to put music onto a film

• 21-03-2008 5:21pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 793 ✭✭✭

So I should know this but I'm only starting out. I'm composing a soundtrack for a students film using Reason, and maybe a few other programs. How do you apply to music onto the actual sound file for the film

Would Sony Soundforge do the trick?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,790 ✭✭✭cornbb

AFAIK Soundforge will allow you to extract the audio from a video file and edit it, but I'm not sure if you can then re-save the audio track back on to the video file. Anyway, the correct procedure here would be for you to give the completed audio file to the video editor and allow them to add it to the video using Final Cut Pro, Avid or whatever. I can move this thread to the Audio/Video editing forum if you like?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 793 ✭✭✭white_falcon

hmm I didnt know that lol. well its a student film so I'm not sure will there be great editing facilities or software available.

yea if you could move this thread it would be great thanks
    didnt think of posting there :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,790 ✭✭✭cornbb

No problemo

(Moved from Music Production)

I'm pretty sure whatever editing tools they use would be better than using an audio editor but maybe I'll be proven wrong here...

Advertisement