Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shiney Metal Balls

• 21-03-2008 5:22pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,657 ✭✭✭

ok so maybe they've been taken away ages ago fo what ever reason. But I only noticed last week that the metal balls at the back of Shaws were gone anyone know where they went or the reason they were taken away.

I liked them, that's why I ask

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,679 ✭✭✭Freddie59

trishw78 wrote: »
    ok so maybe they've been taken away ages ago fo what ever reason. But I only noticed last week that the metal balls at the back of Shaws were gone anyone know where they went or the reason they were taken away.

I liked them, that's why I ask

Trish, I always thought those things were a death trap and an insurance claim waiting to happen. They did indeed look nice but were totally impratical in a major pedestrian thoroughfare.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 179 ✭✭TheFlatulator

a lot of them were kicked off by scumbags... I saw 2 guys about 15 yrs old kicking them until they snapped off....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,657 ✭✭✭trishw78

...until which snapped the balls or their ankles?

The mind boggles.
    @Freddie59 true they were indeed a death trap but once you fell over them once you learned the second time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 179 ✭✭TheFlatulator

the balls seemed to be made of brinze, but are hollow.... they kicked them until the metal peg underneath snapped off...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,459 ✭✭✭JohnC.

Yeah, I had noticed a few of them having been snapped off a few times and eventually they disappeared altogether. I think that was a while ago.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,679 ✭✭✭Freddie59

trishw78 wrote: »
    their ankles?

If only Trish. Unfortunately these fools never come off worst.:mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,728 ✭✭✭dazftw

Yea I remember them being all the way down by the tattoo parlour lol..

On the subject of 15year old "scumbags" Was coming home from town the other day and saw two kids no older than 12 trying to break the small sign at supervalu where you turn down towards the forum.. then they ran across the road on infront of a car! When the woman in the car beeped he told her to **** off...

Younger there getting :rolleyes:

Network with your people: https://www.builtinireland.ie/

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

dazftw wrote: »
    Yea I remember them being all the way down by the tattoo parlour lol..

On the subject of 15year old "scumbags" Was coming home from town the other day and saw two kids no older than 12 trying to break the small sign at supervalu where you turn down towards the forum.. then they ran across the road on infront of a car! When the woman in the car beeped he told her to **** off...

Younger there getting :rolleyes:

I thought you were about 15? No?!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,728 ✭✭✭dazftw

No man im going on 20 this year haha I feel old its horrible! Whats that got to do with anything?

Network with your people: https://www.builtinireland.ie/

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

dazftw wrote: »
    No man im going on 20 this year haha I feel old its horrible! Whats that got to do with anything?

For some reason I thought you where. No idea why. :S Just would of thought what you said was weird if you were the same age as them :p

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 104 ✭✭benny

Why dont they just put CAMERAS everywhere and catch these fools and then throw em in a room and let them beat each other to death.:mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,770 ✭✭✭shockwave

Cameras are on the way but will they make a difference, I doubt it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 474 ✭✭deisedolly

Giant rabbit poo! How I miss it..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,657 ✭✭✭trishw78

deisedolly wrote: »
    Giant rabbit poo! How I miss it..

Indeed and this being the season of Easter

Advertisement