Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

strange knocking in xsara picasso

Options
  • 21-03-2008 5:47pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 54 ✭✭

hi all,

looking at buying a xsara picasso (private sale), took it for a test drive today and was aware of a knocking coming from around the rear right wheel when taking off and cornering. owner said that a citroen dealer had said that this was fairly common in picassos when heavily laden (4 adults), and nothing to worry about...

any thoughts? cheers

D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭King Kelly

Walk away......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 54 ✭✭agrajag

is it likely to be something that an NCT would pick up?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 87 ✭✭memorex

Hiya - knocking from rear left or right when cornering can be sign of worn suspension bushes. Having a set in good repair are essential for NCT. I failed on exactly that in 06. The parts themselves are fairly cheap (about 30-40 euro) but it was at least an hours labour for my car (a megane). I would definitely check it checked though.
    Cheers,
    -mem

• Registered Users Posts: 2,475 ✭✭✭bitemybanger

Check the boot for a leprachaun:D
    Just kiddin, like what Memorex said, if its just during cornering its most likley a suspension bushing

Advertisement