Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Speech Bubble

Options
  • 21-03-2008 6:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 416 ✭✭

Anyone got a nice professional looking photoshop speech bubble. I have built a few today in photoshop but I still think they look abit tacky.

Any ideas?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,145 ✭✭✭DonkeyStyle \o/

I'd say do it with vectors using a grid of some sort to keep it nice and uniform.
    And/or find a speech bubble you like and use it as a guide.
    IMO speech bubbles are naturally quite tacky unless they're used in a comic or something. :p

• Registered Users Posts: 416 ✭✭tvr

cheers donkey style. yeah i think your right re the whole speech bubble thing. Its for a brochure, so I have to put the quotes somewhere. I have done a nice polaroid effect for the pictures, so thats look really well.

Maybe I will just put the text within my polaroid image template and then have the quoters name at the bottom of the polaroid template.

Can't think of anything else to do, what do you guys usually do in relation to quotes etc..

Any ideas?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭Citizen_Erased

Now your getting into the big bad world of typography which is an art in itself. But it's something too many people ignore these days and it really is what sets out the good from the bad. Heres a two parter tutorial that I found great , part 1 and part 2 .
    One of the more usual ideas with quotes is to make the key words a bit bigger , or bold or whatever but remember to not go over board. And wrt quotation marks themselves a popular thing is to make them rather larger but make them semi transparent , hover behind the actually quote ... like this :
    Untitled_1_7.png
    notice the use of a handwriting font for "your" conveys the personal level of involvement etc etc Just remember do not go overboard , simple colour schemes and good typography is all youll ever need.

//edit , if youre still after speech bubbles , photoshop has some built in in the quick shape tool

• Registered Users Posts: 416 ✭✭tvr

Thanks

Citizen I really like this idea.

Advertisement