Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

tdr 125 or varedero 125

• 21-03-2008 6:15pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 33

hi im looking for a decent bike just to get me from a to b, was thinking a tdr or a varedero what do u think

Comments

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

Varadero is four stroke, solid, reliable and comfy. Its the one I would go for if I had a choice of both. But the TDR is a sound bike, and would be nippy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 534 ✭✭✭DonkeyRhubarb

Personally Id go for the Varadero too.

Bear in mind I have a Yahama YBR 125 and it costs absoloutely nothing to run. I can recommend that. Its also only roughly 2700 for a brand new '08...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,475 ✭✭✭bitemybanger

Bought a Varadero brand new in 2002 and kept it for a year, great bike and is more comfy and will travell better on long runs, i went to Waterford from Meath a few times on her, they sound lovley with a nice can on, like a much bigger bike. The lights on the honda are far better too, like a car nearly, the TDR is a bit quicker being a 2-stroke but id go for the varadero anyday

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,647 ✭✭✭thenightrider

varedero mate just because it's a 4 stroke much better engine have a look at some honda's the cg 125 is a top bike if you want it for going from a to b and will last forever

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,095 ✭✭✭✭omb0wyn5ehpij9

I would pick the TDR 100 times out of a 100. More power than a Varedero. Varedero's are also very heavy bikes. I love 2 stroke engines which would sway me in favour of the TDR, 2 stroke engines are not as unreliable as everybody thinks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,475 ✭✭✭bitemybanger

BrynW wrote: »
    I would pick the TDR 100 times out of a 100. More power than a Varedero. Varedero's are also very heavy bikes. I love 2 stroke engines which would sway me in favour of the TDR, 2 stroke engines are not as unreliable as everybody thinks

It aint all about the speed and the vara has plenty of poke for a four stroke 125. the V-twin wont loose power into the wind like a single cylinder 4-stroke, its just a better bike. 2-strokes are marmite, you either love them or hate them and my experience with the two i owned were great, til they break, 2 strokes are more fun to drive but not as fun in the long run.

It aint all about the speed and the vara has plenty of poke for a four stroke 125. the V-twin wont loose power into the wind like a single cylinder 4-stroke, its just a better bike. 2-strokes are marmite, you either love them or hate them and my experience with the two i owned were great, til they break, 2 strokes are more fun to drive but not as fun in the long run.

I owned 2 2stroke bikes aswell and loved them, never had a moments problem with them and they are earier to work on than 4stroke engines in general.
    I have driven a Varadero on a few occasion and wasn't impressed with it in the slightest. I would rather drive a moped than drive a Varadero, too heavy, slow and chunky for my liking, but it's all down to personal preference

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 795 ✭✭✭a_ominous

Varadero. It's a Honda. Nuf said.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 663 ✭✭✭CourierCollie

If its really just for going from a to b get a cg125. Not as pretty as the Varadero, but cheaper, still a Honda, and just slightly less economical than a push bike.

a_ominous wrote: »
    Varadero. It's a Honda. Nuf said.

I am a bigger honda fan than most people, but the TDR is a Yamaha.....it won't give you any hassle ;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,705 ✭✭✭✭Tigger

the tdr is a great bike
    little dearer to run much faster much more fun

Advertisement