Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Longboard skate boarding similar to surf style

Options
  • 21-03-2008 6:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭

Just wondering if anybody here is using a skate longboard that rides similar to a surfboard/snowboard. I'm looking to get one. Mainly as after over a year since my last snowboarding trip I found it took a fair while to get back into riding fakie where a friend who had being practicing on his longboard had no problem.

So if anyone could recomend a complete board setup, that would be great. At the moment I am thinking of the Lush Samba. But thats mainly as there website stated this board was aimed at people looking at for a surf/snow board style ride. Other sites dont seem to state who the board is aimed at and I dont know enough about skateboards to work it out from the stats. So might be overlooking better but cheaper boards. Altough its mainly for honing my snow/surf skills I am hoping to use this board to ride to work too.
    Cheers for any replies

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,790 ✭✭✭cornbb

After years of using a longboard (the skateboard type) I tried snowboarding and found it to be a completely different experience. I find carving on a snowboard to be far more difficult as the board doesn't just move forward/backward as boards on wheels do, but can be ridden laterally too.

Having said that I only ever tried a regular longboard and have never ridden something with a lowered deck and sprung trucks like the Lush board you are talking about, and I guess using a longboard day to day must help your surfing/snowboarding to a certain extent.

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭binhead

I used a snakeboard for years when I was younger, carved like a demon, yea we got chased but sure that was part of the fun!

don't know if they still even sell them anywhere.

Advertisement