Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Finding personal issue replies in previous posts searches

Options
  • 21-03-2008 6:34pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭

I do contribute some advice over in PI. Fantastic advice if I do say so myself :)

In the past when I go searching for my posts (in case I posted something daft coming home from the pub!:eek:) and I can see all my posts except PI posts.
    I assumed this was for some sort of privacy.
    For example, I could tell the OP in PI I had a similar problem to them but that info should stay in PI and not be in a search result

But now I can see all my posts.

Can a mod clarify this? Everytime you post in PI will someone be able to search by your username and see these posts?

Edit: It seems to depend if you are logged in or not. I often use boards logged out. That's a serious contradication in place there!
    Even you make them visible in searches or you don't. Which is it?
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

This was the case for registered users. Mods and subscribers could search posts in PI. CuLT made it so that everyone could search it not too long ago (well I'm not sure about people who aren't registered).

I don't really see it as a problem. If it was something you weren't comfortable people knowing about you then you can always post it un-regged.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,919 ✭✭✭Bob the Builder

Yah, i was wondering the same thing... afaik, only registered users' searches will include PI anyway, and if your posts are good, people will see that as they search for them... i dont see too much of a problem, but i can see it may make you uncomfortable, in such a case, go un-reg?

• Registered Users Posts: 22,231 ✭✭✭✭Sparky

Unreg users get a user ID of 0, so all post searches by that ID will include anyone who has gone unregistered.

PI is like any other forum that you would post on.
    Post searches will include this until it would be switched off if required.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭Boston

Normal users cannot search PI or the LGB Forum.

Advertisement