Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mage spec?

Options
  • 21-03-2008 6:46pm
    Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,711 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Hi folks im levelling up an alt while my guild are doing nothing and im not in BG.
    I thought id sample the mage.
    I have a mage in the 20s on another realm but recently rolled one on my guilds realm.
    Am i right in thinking Fire is max dps and levelling spec?
    What about frost and arcane?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,586 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

Unlike most other classes, there are quite a few levelling specs, and its only a matter of finding what one suits your playing style IMO. Personally, I was fire all the way (well, I'm stuck at 41 until i continue playing) and haven't got a single complaint about the spec. A lot of people would have said frost is ideal for its survivability, but iceblock became trainable (was it in 2.3?), and arcane has its uses (ive never used it, so can't comment).

The thread here might give some insight into levelling specs

• Closed Accounts Posts: 969 ✭✭✭sunzz

Frost = the enemy will never touch you..

Fire = get the enemy dead before they get to you your choice.

Personally I levelled frost and it was perfect for ccing multiple mobs and grinding.

Each to their own however I'd rather level frost and have a good expierience in what im doing as if you decide on pvping frost really is the ONLY viable option not to mention seriously hard to play...get used to it now is my opinion..

sorry about spelling friday and im sloshed!

I'm frost and I love it. I don't use damage meters so I don't know how I'm doing apart from having an over aggro problem;) but it does damage I'm happy with, with 3.5k+ crits on frostbolts. You can mix frost and fire as well, it makes a good combo, but I'd never play anything but frost :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Dustaz

Like lord chessington i levelled fire and found it great. Frost is probably the better spec to level with though because it means you can kite tough mobs a lot easier.

When you hit level cap it gets more cut and dried. Frost for pvp and fire for pve.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,711 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Cheers folks,think ill go frost.
    I find that exactly the reason i can never kill mages with most of my chars.
    Thanks guys :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement