Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Wireless adaptor XBOX

• 21-03-2008 6:59pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,506 ✭✭✭

Hi,

Just a query in relation to the wireless adaptor for the xbox. I dont feel like splashing out 75 euros for one. But I do have a wireless adaptor that came with my NETGEAR wireless modem. I dont use it (laptop has wlan) so I was wondering would this work in the back of the xbox.

I will need to get a little cable though as it wont fit into the recess for the usb post in the xbox.

All help appreciated

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 667 ✭✭✭Linku

Short answer: no

You could use another router to join the network and plug it in over ethernet though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,506 ✭✭✭muletide

Thanks for the reply -

But surely an XBOX wireless adaptor would just pick up the signal from my netgear modem. I dont see why I need to splash out 75 bills when I have a receiver that came with the modem and will fit into the usb port at the back of the xbox. Sorry if I am missing something here but it seems like a bit of a rip off when I went out and paid over €100 for a decent wireless modem

I currently have the cable running from the modem to the xbox but its annoying across the floor and need to tidy this up.

Thanks again

• Registered Users Posts: 4,944 ✭✭✭Jay P

I know Game Stop in Ennis sell second hand ones for €50, I'm sure they do in other parts of the country, if that's any help

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,452 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

muletide wrote: »
    Thanks for the reply -

But surely an XBOX wireless adaptor would just pick up the signal from my netgear modem. I dont see why I need to splash out 75 bills when I have a receiver that came with the modem and will fit into the usb port at the back of the xbox. Sorry if I am missing something here but it seems like a bit of a rip off when I went out and paid over €100 for a decent wireless modem

I currently have the cable running from the modem to the xbox but its annoying across the floor and need to tidy this up.

Thanks again

You still need a driver for the receiver and the xbox is locked down to only use the xbox one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,506 ✭✭✭muletide

You still need a driver for the receiver and the xbox is locked down to only use the xbox one.

THought there would be a catch. Thanks Matthew looks like I will need to raid the piggy bank

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,285 ✭✭✭TheHairyFairy

Dont pay over the odds for the proper gaming adaptor. Buy a wireless bridge instead, something like http://www.ebuyer.com/product/61885. Just as good and a lot cheaper.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,204 ✭✭✭Kenny_D

If you have a laptop with built in wireless you can use that as a bridge. Just connect an ethernet cable from your laptop to your xbox. There are some settings that need to be tweaked the first time you do it but it works fine

Advertisement