Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

€50,000

• 21-03-2008 7:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 820 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

Ive been saving hard and now i have 47.5k saved up i just have to wait till the end of the month and ill have the 50k,

The cash is in a standard current account in ebs getting me 0.75% or something similar

so what i plan todo is put it into a special one month only account they have that gives 5.1%

but after that i dont want to goto their normal rate of 3.9%

ive looked at anglos 4.75% 30 day notice account?

what would you do? im not into stocks or hedge funds or anything other than savings accouns wouldnt mind giving upto 3 months notice???

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 412 ✭✭gordon_gekko

jetski wrote: »
    Hi all,

Ive been saving hard and now i have 47.5k saved up i just have to wait till the end of the month and ill have the 50k,

The cash is in a standard current account in ebs getting me 0.75% or something similar

so what i plan todo is put it into a special one month only account they have that gives 5.1%

but after that i dont want to goto their normal rate of 3.9%

ive looked at anglos 4.75% 30 day notice account?

what would you do? im not into stocks or hedge funds or anything other than savings accouns wouldnt mind giving upto 3 months notice???

savings is by far the best place to put a sum like that right now
    the markets are in the tank and savings is a real option again

irish nationwide are paying 5.1% if you leave it in a yr
    i think but not certain that if you settle for 5% , they will allow you withdraw it after a month

the next best for a large sum like that is anglo irish bank

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,992 ✭✭✭✭gurramok

And spread it around in at least 2 different institutions.(the 22k each rule)

Advertisement