Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

The Cost of Fitting an Amp, Sub and Head Unit

Options
  • 21-03-2008 9:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,243 ✭✭✭

Can anybody tell me what this should cost to get fitted considering i provide all the materials?
    Is there alot of work involved in it?

I was charged €140 which seems excessive.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

Esse85 wrote: »
    Can anybody tell me what this should cost to get fitted considering i provide all the materials?
    Is there alot of work involved in it?

I was charged €140 which seems excessive.

€140 sounds OK. Wires need to be routed from the head unit to the amp and then to the sub. So some panels need to be removed in order to conceal the wires. 13.5% of the price will be VAT so it sounds like you were charged for 2 or 3 hours of labour.

What sort of car? Some cars are easier than others.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,243 ✭✭✭Esse85

Its a Toyota Corolla H/B

This was straight into the guy's hand as he was supposed to be doing me a favour.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,243 ✭✭✭Esse85

The thing is i ve to bring it back into the shop where i bought the wiring kit from because he wasnt sure which wires to connect from the HU so i havent actually heard it working yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

What wires? To power the HU or from the HU to the amp? Did you supply the installation instructions that came with the various pieces of equipment?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,525 ✭✭✭kona

the bloke sounds like a chancer:o

if he knew what he was doing its a 1 1/2 job max.

you usually have 3-4 pre outs.
    one is red one is white x4.

you put red in red and white in white, exact same at the amp end.

you solder in the remote and happy days.

its probably the remote he means, which anybody who has previously put a head unit in and sub will be able to deduce which it is!
    although thats not to say there is a unforeseen problem.

very straight forward, who reccomended this guy?

halfords would be cheaper...and youve a come back

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭5500

Any pics of the install?after paying that and him telling you to go back to the shop you'd want to be sure the job is actually done correctly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 70 ✭✭SecureSounds

How funny is this. €140.00 and it aint working yet :rolleyes:

It is actually cheaper to get it done by a professional.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 65 ✭✭KidCapree

i did mine myself. Googled it beforehand, found out what i needed. Helps to know a bit about electrics beforehand. But i've done buddies cars for 70 euro. It's about an hour and a half to do

Advertisement