Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fix me...

Options
  • 21-03-2008 9:34pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,556 ✭✭✭

Hey Guys,

I don't know a whole lot about tattooists or how they work but I've got a little problem that I'd really like to get fixed. About a year ago I got a small tattoo, at first it seemed ok, I couldn't see the lines clearly because it was healing and was still scabbing (eww disgusting word!). So anyway a few days later I began to notice that some of the lines were messy looking and that the colour in the middle was totally fading and what was left was uneven and dirty looking. I went back to the guy who did it and he said he couldn't see what the problem was but that he'd go over it again if I wanted. The second time was very painful and he had to stop and call his boss because it wouldn't stop bleeding:(

Anyway even after his second attempt to fix it, my tattoo still looked messy. I text him to tell him (he was like a casual friend, my good friend worked in the same studio) and he said he'd try a third time. I decided that it would be stupid to let him near it again and just left it as it was.

I'd really love to get it sorted but that's the tricky bit; when I say 'sorted' I don't really know what I mean, I don't know how it can be fixed. It's not a case of just going over the old lines because they're out of place anyway and the colour in the middle is almost gone, it just looks like an old scar or burn now :eek: My question anyway is if I go to a tattooist and ask them could they fix it would they be able to give me ideas of what might look good or will they expect me to already know what I want?! Because I don't have a clue, I just want it fixed but I don't wana wreck anyones head by expecting them to fix somebody else's mistake!!
    Thanks;)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,183 ✭✭✭✭Will

just get a cover up, something bigger wherever your tattoo is. go chat with a decent a decent tattoo artist and see what they recommend. be honest, just tell em your problem.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,676 ✭✭✭The Artist

if you want ,show pics of your tattoo and someone on this forum should be able to help you.:cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭TYR ->

I know how you feel I have the same problem. Mine was all patchy when it healed, went back to the artist that did it, he touched it up, but it didnt help at all, there was no difference. I then spoke to a different artist about it and she said it wouldnt be a problem to fix it but havent got around to it:D No moneys! But have some now that I will treat myself by further decorating my body hehe.
    So anyway.. if you find a talented recomended artist and explain to him/her the situation it will be no prob to fix it how you actually wanted it to look in the first place! .. Or if its a total mess you could just get a cover up.
    Hope I helped!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,556 ✭✭✭MizzLolly

Wilburt wrote: »
    just get a cover up, something bigger wherever your tattoo is. go chat with a decent a decent tattoo artist and see what they recommend. be honest, just tell em your problem.

Can you reccommend any good ones in Dublin? I've heard of loads of very good ones but I wana find somebody who wont mind talking it through with me before I decide anything.
    davey180 wrote: »
    if you want ,show pics of your tattoo and someone on this forum should be able to help you.:cool:

Aww I know, I tried but the colours have faded so much that all you can really see is the outline, cant get the light right to make the scarred part visible.
    TYR -> wrote: »
    I know how you feel I have the same problem. Mine was all patchy when it healed, went back to the artist that did it, he touched it up, but it didnt help at all, there was no difference. I then spoke to a different artist about it and she said it wouldnt be a problem to fix it but havent got around to it:D No moneys! But have some now that I will treat myself by further decorating my body hehe.
    So anyway.. if you find a talented recomended artist and explain to him/her the situation it will be no prob to fix it how you actually wanted it to look in the first place! .. Or if its a total mess you could just get a cover up.
    Hope I helped!

Yeah you did, thanks a mill for the reply :)

thread of the day? o.0

anywho eh wildcat, tattoo art in temple bar, few other places dotted around town

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,556 ✭✭✭MizzLolly

Okay so... I better start scrolling through that ginormous, head wrecking mess of a list/argument!! :D

Thank you :)

wildcat in stephens green have good artists, tattoo art above cafe irie in temple bar, zulu tattoo in temple bar also. go see who ya like and see what they can do for ya.
    plenty more places around, theyre just some off the top of my head

• Closed Accounts Posts: 62 ✭✭Bmark

if yoy're on the northside try Stigmata Tao in Swords - i got 1 done there a couple of weeks ago or Wildcat(Celestial Ring) in Stephens green - i got 3 done there - i never had any problems or heard any complaints !!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 Kwesty

Hi guys, Im new on this site (but not new to the ink!) I have a similar-ish prob that needs fixing. Got a tattoo done in London 4 years ago & its gone a bit weird, want to essentially get my tattoo redone (maybe covered with larger version?) any suggestions on who/where in dublin (i know a lot of ppl ask this sorry!)

Ive attached a pic of what it looks like now

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Any of the commonly recommended places would be able to fix that up for you, or suggest a reworking of it:

Art Tattoo, Celestial Ring/Wildcat, Snakebite, Inkwell, Zulu etc...

• Advertisement
Advertisement