Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ever wonder what the queue is like in the chipper?

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Real B-man

Chipper Doesnt seem to open very much..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

Chipper Doesnt seem to open very much..

Ya it was a bit weird that it was closed Saturday but open Sunday. It's usually open every night but Tuesday and Wednesday/Thursday/Friday lunchtimes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,358 ✭✭✭Dennis the Stone

How long before the Gardaí are spotted queueing for their free curry and chips

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭Recon

MrJoeSoap wrote: »
    Best chipper my arse.

Shun the non-believer!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,990 ✭✭✭Cool_CM

girl at the back of the queue looks like she could do with some chips

• Advertisement

So I was there today for lunch and I got chatting with one of the guys there about the camera. I told him that the link was up on boards.ie and that we're mocking the queue. He thought it was funny, although I'm still not sure he knows what boards.ie is!

He said that there is a problem with the router or something and that it doesn't work properly all the time.

So now he wont be surprised if someone turns up with a boards.ie sign!

He was really nice and also hot and the cheese and potato pie is savage!

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,957 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

mmm pita pockets:)

I may have had to eat there twice on Sunday:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 682 ✭✭✭Bros123

Jamie Oliver was in tonight:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,770 ✭✭✭Jen Pigs Fly

What time does the chipper close at? I don't want to be sitting here like an absolute spa watchin a closed chipper hahaha!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,883 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Looks like they're shuttin up shop.

A poor man's Macari's I'd say.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Subscribers, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,555 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

Nah, theyre still open!! Ahhhh theres a garda in there now ordering food!!

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭deemy

Does anyone cook anymore. that queue is ongoing. anyone manage to get a boards.ie sign at the camera yet ????

deemy wrote: »
    Does anyone cook anymore. that queue is ongoing. anyone manage to get a boards.ie sign at the camera yet ????

Don't think so, but I told one of the lads in there that someone might so there wont be any problems with it! He thought is was hilarious that the camera he had set up as a bit of fun was attracting so much attention.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,379 ✭✭✭Jimbo

165 posts and no boards.ie signs???
    Wasters :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,720 ✭✭✭Hal1

They be stuffing their faces with chips now :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,485 ✭✭✭Thrill

I cant seem to..ahem....get it up.

Do i need some software to view cams?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,945 ✭✭✭cuckoo

It's strangely mesmerising, i find myself staring at the queue and wondering what each person is ordering. Very calming.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

Ahh All the cork people are wearing red, bless their wee ethnic socks

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭Steve

HA! - just ordered a snack box on from the chipper down the road - AND got it delivered before the buurd in the red coat even got to the front row....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

Filling up nicely now.

Look's like his hoover type cleaning thing is about to explode. :eek::pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,945 ✭✭✭cuckoo

Busy, busy tonight.

They should have a sign up in there - "smile, you're on webcam - and if you're leaning forward over the barrier pull up the back of your trousers there as you're flashing the interweb. have a nice day!"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 banum

they all seem to be fiddlin with watches and fones... must have realised they have to put them forward:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 337 ✭✭thecleverone

Its getting busy enough in there now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 537 ✭✭✭Oswald Osbourne

I like the big metal fence down the middle of the shop. Give's a nice authentic slaughterhouse feel to the place.
    Dudess wrote: »
    I would be one fat momma...

Would just mean more of you to love.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,613 ✭✭✭✭Clare Bear

I'm getting strantely addicted to this now....haven't read over the whole thread but has anyone from here been in and disgraced themselves? :D

Good crowd in tonight eh?

Edit: They're queuing out the door now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,590 ✭✭✭Pigwidgeon

yep fairly chock-a-block at the moment

The-Rigger wrote: »
    Good crowd in tonight eh?

Edit: They're queuing out the door now.

I went on a Monday evening once, 5 minutes after opening, and there were already 7 people queuing outside the door plus the people inside.

janeybabe wrote: »
    I went on a Monday evening once, 5 minutes after opening, and there were already 7 people queuing outside the door plus the people inside.

Right, finally a local, get down there and flash with a boards.ie sign for the camera.

That chipper has odd hours, closing in the day, closed till 9:30pm on a thursday, wtf.

• Advertisement

The-Rigger wrote: »
    Right, finally a local, get down there and flash with a boards.ie sign for the camera.

That chipper has odd hours, closing in the day, closed till 9:30pm on a thursday, wtf.

Dude I was there last week (minus the sign or the flashing!) and I even posted on here giving the general time and offering a prize (not really) to the person who could get a screenshot of me there. I even went during work hours to get maximum exposure on Boards. Anyway I'm back in Galway now so it'll have to be someone else!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement