Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Halfords Store Opening.

• 21-03-2008 11:20pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,881 ✭✭✭

I see Halfords are opening a store in Waterford in June 08. I would feel better about it if the Newgate Centre was under construction; but anyway it is good to hear.

http://www.halfordscareers.com/index.php?area=news

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,969 ✭✭✭christophicus

Any idea where it will be ??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Oh goodie

"I'm looking for an inverse non-return widget for a 1983 Alfa Sprint 1.7"

"Blank stare"

Mike.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭fricatus

Surely has to be the retail park on the Cork Road/Outer Ring where B&Q are going.

By the way, anyone know what the proper name for that retail park will be? Is it going to be called Butlerstown Retail Park?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 130 ✭✭markymac

Out at the new retail park on the Butlerstown Roundabout, next to B&Q.

Harvey Norman are supposed to be going there aswell.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 Dan39

fricatus wrote: »
    By the way, anyone know what the proper name for that retail park will be? Is it going to be called Butlerstown Retail Park?

Maplin electronics will be opening there soon as well, according to their management, it will be called The Butlerstown retail park.

Anyone know anything about the "Waterford Retail Park" (or similar) at the Six Cross roads, directly accross from the K&D warehouse?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

mike65 wrote: »
    Oh goodie

"I'm looking for an inverse non-return widget for a 1983 Alfa Sprint 1.7"

"Blank stare"

Mike.

That is brilliant.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,726 ✭✭✭ec18

who are maplin electronics?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

They are the biggest retailer of electronic/electrical parts in the UK - they have shops in Dublin Galway and Cork I think.

http://www.maplin.co.uk/

Mike.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 142 ✭✭just-wonderin

mike65 wrote: »
    They are the biggest retailer of electronic/electrical parts in the UK - they have shops in Dublin Galway and Cork I think.
    + carlow and kilkenny :)

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,040 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

Where in Kilkenny is there a Maplin store?

Maplin are currently only in Dublin, Cork, Galway, Limerick and Dundalk.

You are probably on about Halfords I'd guess

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,969 ✭✭✭christophicus

Deadly, looking forward to having a maplins down here :) .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 795 ✭✭✭rasper

delighted with maplins myself, good store except for the €8 charge on their catalogue, never understood that but they're more than welcome

Dan39 wrote: »
    Maplin electronics will be opening there soon as well, according to their management, it will be called The Butlerstown retail park.

Anyone know anything about the "Waterford Retail Park" (or similar) at the Six Cross roads, directly accross from the K&D warehouse?

Have we any other confirmation that Maplin are indeed going to locate there also. There is no mention of it on their site

http://www.maplin.co.uk/StoreOpenings.aspx?doy=31m3

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 Dan39

Firstly it is on their website but is hard to find, it's in the virtual edition of the latest special offers leaflet.

Secondly I have an ongoing customer complaint with the company and thus am in regular contact (via email) with a senior member of the Maplin website staff who has confirmed this for me.

I am not connected to the company in any way but I am sick of having to travel to Cork or Dublin to shop there.

This was originally announced over a year ago but was shelved due to a delay in the building of the retail park, I am told that the store should be open some time in the first half of 2009 (so still a bit of a wait).

Just to clarify, Maplin have stores at Jervis Street and Blanchardstown Retail Park in Dublin, Blackpool Retail Park in Cork, Childers Road in Limerick, Wellpark Retail Park in Galway and Dundalk Retail Park in Dundalk icon14.gif

And by the way the catalogue is €6 not €8

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

€2 saving... nice! :p

Dan39 wrote: »
    Firstly it is on their website but is hard to find, it's in the virtual edition of the latest special offers leaflet.

Found it, thanks
    MaplinWaterford-1.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,459 ✭✭✭JohnC.

Just a bit of an update on the opening. The recruitment site says it will be August.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

They said that in local press and will be joined by that other crowd to.. Maplin is it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 87 ✭✭krux

fricatus wrote: »

lol BuRP !!

Advertisement