Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Fiat Coupe

Options
  • 21-03-2008 11:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭

There's a black 20v non-turbo with FSH, immaculate leather, 86k, new tyres all round, all belts done at 81k sitting outside my house tonight.

After VRT, it will have cost €3300.

How can you possibly get any more car for that amount of money. :eek:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

So you came here to brag?

memento.jpg

Mike.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,081 ✭✭✭su_dios

Great car! Fiat-forums.co.uk for piece of mind and to show it off :D

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭klaus23

blackcoupefront.jpg

That's it (taken by the previous owner). The front bumper is a mess but apart from one shopping trolley ding and some stonechips its in perfect health.

Yep, forum came recommended by an enthusiast friend (and Turbo owner) who came all the way from Mayo to give advice.

Bit startled by the positive response really, I was expecting "that'll give trouble" or "Honest John says...". What's startling is that the 98 Mk4 TDi outside with 125k on the clock will sell for more than the Coupe cost. Something, somewhere is not right.

It'll be hard going back my Mk2 Golf 16v project on Monday. :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Dont worry by morning there will be a stack of them ;)

Mike.

mike65 wrote: »
    Dont worry by morning there will be a stack of them ;)

Well, in the absence of a Nissan Almera owners forum... :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,083 ✭✭✭coolbeans

Fiat Coupe 20V Turbo. Lovely motor. If I had the cash to maintain it properly I'd have one in the morning, preferably the last off the line. I'd take off the bodykit, upgrade the wheels and be happy in the knowledge that I can out run any car on the road in a straight line this side of a Ferrari. Limited to 155MPH!!!!!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭matt cork

sorry fella but i've owned two of these and they are nothing but trouble. you'd have been better off spending your money elsewhere - something you'd be safe in the knowledge of not having to spend a fortune on to keep it on the road.

thats viscous diff is a waste of time aswell, wait until you have to replace the silicon internals of that puppy, not to mention the changing of the oil cooler pipes:rolleyes:

but of course each to their own

matt cork wrote: »
    thats viscous diff is a waste of time aswell, wait until you have to replace the silicon internals of that puppy, not to mention the changing of the oil cooler pipes:rolleyes:

Until you re-read the original post and find that it's a NON-turbo, and doesn't have the slippy diff...

klaus23 wrote: »
    Until you re-read the original post and find that it's a NON-turbo, and doesn't have the slippy diff...

i refuse to re-read that first post

should have at least got a lilac / purple one:D

matt cork wrote: »
    should have at least got a lilac / purple one:D

LOL. Nah, Ink Black is the one to go for. :D

The next one will be a late model red Turbo LE, hopefully. That, or an Elise.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 582 ✭✭✭HJL

I seen a few of these in Rome when i was there in Sept and was checking them out on eBay/Autotrader etc when i got home and was surprised to see how cheap they were selling for.
    Really cool car, not many about either. Best of luck with it.

HJL wrote: »
    I seen a few of these in Rome when i was there in Sept and was checking them out on eBay/Autotrader etc when i got home and was surprised to see how cheap they were selling for.
    Really cool car, not many about either. Best of luck with it.

It's really wierd, right. I was on the Healy Pass a few weeks ago with friends, there was everything from a Caterham 7 to a scatter of Elises, and a load of Italian tourists stopped and cooed over a Coupe.

There are a few about, they seem to be more prevalent on the east coast but some days you'd see them frequently down here. And they are being bought up at the moment, it's hard to pass them up really.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 447 ✭✭siralfalot

well wear klaus!

the reaction from the general public to the the coupe can be quite funny, 99% of people have no idea what it is, or what its capable of :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,081 ✭✭✭su_dios

Alloys need changing! Don't do it justice! A project mk2...you wouldn't be a vagdrivers member are you? If so do they know of the purchase?:P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭niceirishfella

I like the dash in them, the same metal colour as the outside of the car - always liked that touch. A lot of car for little outlay.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 164 ✭✭cbyrne

I had a red 00 N/A (non turbo) one for years and it never gave me any trouble whatsoever (except for the buttons on the centre console breaking). People stop and stare and rubber neck on the road to look at them, so they are still a rarity here (and I guess will always be!) .

By the way I'd recommend Linanes in Rathnew, Wicklow if ever getting work done, they done all mine including timing belt for half the other quoted prices and always took excellent care of it.

looks good in black too :-)

(I seen in the FCCUK forum that Jeremy Clarkson bought one for one of the Top Gear 'challenges' next season!).. or rather the production crew bought one for him to use.

su_dios wrote: »
    Alloys need changing! Don't do it justice! A project mk2...you wouldn't be a vagdrivers member are you? If so do they know of the purchase?:P

My Golf is on VAGDrivers here, it's currently getting it's back axle changed, the whole braking & suspension systems overhauled, all the bushings done etc. and then I have to put a rebuilt gearbox complete with a Quaife LSD into it. Staying mostly standard with a few nice invisible tweaks.
    cbyrne wrote: »
    By the way I'd recommend Linanes in Rathnew, Wicklow if ever getting work done, they done all mine including timing belt for half the other quoted prices and always took excellent care of it.

Top man. I got the same recommendation elsewhere. Is that the garage where father and son have a Coupe each?
    (I seen in the FCCUK forum that Jeremy Clarkson bought one for one of the Top Gear 'challenges' next season!).. or rather the production crew bought one for him to use.

Saw that about Clarkson too. I think it'll be one of these "how much power can you get for £1500" challenges. And he'll probably wreck it. That, or pronounce it a complete legend of a car, in which case you'll see a repeat of what happened when Richard Hammond declared the Corrado VR6 a modern classic, prices shot up overnight.

Still, I'd expect nothing less from a man unable to drive a modern diesel car in it's powerband, instead declaring that it suffers from turbo lag.

klaus23 wrote: »
    LOL. Nah, Ink Black is the one to go for. :D

The next one will be a late model red Turbo LE, hopefully. That, or an Elise.

a double bug has bitten!! elise and coup:eek: just to keep up with the dubsies!!
    :D

if i get mine back on the road i look forward to seeing it in athlone in a couple of weeks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 542 ✭✭✭groupb

So much classier than all those integra / toyota things.
    Good luck with yours!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,937 ✭✭✭Tropheus

I owned one from new for three years. I never regretted a day of ownership even though it cost me over €2k to have a Turbo replaced less then a year before I sold it.

I had a 1999 2l Turbo Limited Edition which was towards the end of the life cycle.

They are great cars but the build could be better. The body work dings easily and they're expensive to maintain. Pity there aren't any independent Fiat service agents here as main dealer service is expensive and below par for high end cars. I bought mine from Ambrose Glass and had it serviced with them. They're head mechanic knew the coupe very well.

• Advertisement
Advertisement