Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Moving Home: 2 annoying queries for those in the know...

Options
  • 21-03-2008 11:57pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,897 ✭✭✭

Moving to a new home in the middle of Offaly and will be leaving an very decent BB package behind and have 2 things I hope some of you may be able to help with:

1. My provider was sold one of the 'Big Guns' about a year ago and I recently found out that they have never charged me for the service. Now the problem is that I want to cancel the service so that anyone coming in after me doesn't do anything dodgy and hang it on me. I also, don't want to get charged for the use to date. The service has been good for a while now but was terrible and I don't feel like rewarding the bu**ers ;) Any advice?

2. I'm moving to an area that will not have landline BB for some years. I tried the outgoing owner's landline number with Eircom and BT with no joy. I'm also use to unlimited downloading as well so I'm going to have to deal with my addiction for US TV shows and movies ;) My problem is that I'm unfamiliar with alot of the options to me and I really can't afford the huge amounts being asked for satellitte BB. Here's the list of available services and would like to pick a decent one. A friend tried O2 mobile outside the house (sale still going through) and it showed a slow signal for the EDGE service (?????) which I think is not too promising. Any advice would be appreciated.

Mobile (subject to survey)
    O2 Ireland

Wireless (subject to survey)
    Last Mile Broadband

Satellite (subject to survey)
    Applied Solutions
    Avonline
    Broadband Wherever
    Cross Country Broadband Ltd
    Digiweb Satellite
    e3 Broadband
    ehotspot
    Eircom Satellite
    Fastnet Broadband Satellite
    Media Satellite Ireland Ltd
    National Broadband Ltd
    Orbitlink
    Pure Telecom Satellite

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

BigDragon wrote: »
    Moving to a new home in the middle of Offaly and will be leaving an very decent BB package behind and have 2 things I hope some of you may be able to help with:

EDGE is the best you will get mate , Lastmile has a crap reputation.

Seeing as you still have broadband you should download this map from Eamonn Ryans Department . It clearly shows that you have access to world class 'Irish Broadband' , up there with the best it is.

http://www.dcmnr.gov.ie/NR/rdonlyres/31B13A63-3017-47AD-8C7A-DE4FAF10BAB8/0/CompositeMap_Jan14_HighRes.pdf

And it shows that the government will do nothing for you because the government has 'information' that clearly 'shows' you have access to decent Broadband , so there.

Its all in that map. You are covered by good BB .

Don't write to Brian Cowan either , he will pass the letter on to Ryan who will send you some smug platitudes.

and welcome to 21st century rural Ireland , a giant denial of service scam presided over by Ryan and Comreg on behalf their good friends in eircom ..as ever.

Advertisement