Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Anyone know a good auto electrician place in dublin

Options
  • 22-03-2008 12:13am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 45

I got my car back from garage after having an engine rebuild. Its given me nothing but problems since then (wiring problems only) Foglights constantly on speedo not working lamda sensor has a permanent live going to it. Fuel pump had an ignition live and got knows what eles. I checked today as was a bit peed off at sending it back to them only for it to come back worse. There are a few random wires put in the car and others randomly cut (injector light constantly on too). Spent 11k so far on it so want to get it right. I've learnt my lesson for going for the cheaper garage. If anyone can point me in the direction of a good auto electrician would be really appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

Try Hamiltons on Granby Row(just off SCR). Sorry, I don't have the number to hand. Anan1 may have it - PM him and ask.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 45 markirish22

perfect will do. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭waxon-waxoff

Hamiltons are good but make sure you have a look in the yard next door. Lots of classics rusting away including WW2 jeep, VW Kombi and old 911

• Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭ford jedi

what type of car is it that you spent 11k on it ?goin by the amounts of xtra lives someone has added in you have an fuse box problem or something similar or plug left undone somewhere.

Its a punto gt and i think your right about that. If i cant get it sorted am just going to go custom management

• Advertisement

Would either of you have a number for the place and will drop into them next week

• Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭ford jedi

to be honest a puntos electrics are fairly basic, if your not getting power to your fuel pump injectors etc you must have a pcm fault or fuse box fault musnt have been much of a garage you had it at that coulnt fix a punto.did you get an engine diagnostic done on it??

Dropped it into fiat afterwards and they did the diagnostics no faults turned up but injector light staying on. There the ones that told me that the wiring is messed. They said would cost me 3k to fix it but would be cheaper to go custom management

Think the gt is a bit more complex than the normal puntos with pierburg valve(boost controller for the turbo), alarm, immobiliser, alarm, remote locking, heated remote mirrors and a load more wiring in there i wouldnt know about.

Advertisement