Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Question re car clamping

Options
  • 22-03-2008 12:14am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 226 ✭✭

Its my greatest fear I will read a sign wrong or not get back to my car in time etc...:eek:

Couldn't find on the dsps site, but does anyone know the cost of unclamping and the procedure and do you get a fine as well?

I don't intend to get caught, but writing a piece for my blog!! thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,993 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

€80 release fee and there is no additional fine (unless the vehicle remains in situ for a long time and needs to be towed away).

(Mrs Wishbone Ash has been clamped on several occasions, and even twice in one day! :rolleyes:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 226 ✭✭ozchick

Thanks for that! Oh no, poor thing. That is why I walk most places or get the train! Its not easy driving in a new city (especially with all the no right turns and one way streets!!) So there isn't a call out fee? Do you have to have cash or can you use CC/Laser. Sorry for all the questions!

• Registered Users Posts: 24,993 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

ozchick wrote: »
    Oh no, poor thing
    Poor thing my arse - she'd park in your ear! :D She has had numerous parking tickets also and several court summons for non-payment of parking fines. It's embarassing when I'm a Learning to Drive Moderator! :eek:
    ozchick wrote:
    So there isn't a call out fee? Do you have to have cash or can you use CC/Laser
    There is no additional call out fee. They take credit cards. I'm not sure about Laser or cash but I'd presume that they do.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

Appeal every clamping fine, appeal it on any grounds.

I have, first to the clamper's, who will refuse your appeal . Then to Dublin Corporation & its worked everytime for me after that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,277 ✭✭✭✭Rb

Depending on what kind of clamp it is, a good bolt cutters will cost you around €20 and that'll be it done.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 915 ✭✭✭whatnext

rb_ie wrote: »
    Depending on what kind of clamp it is, a good bolt cutters will cost you around €20 and that'll be it done.

would condone any criminal damage,
    but if the clamper cuts the clamp off for you thats a different matter.
    I worked on a street which was a target of the clampers in England a few years back, but the "local kids" kept putting super glue in the locks of the clamps, after about a week clamping wasnt as much of an issue. The police did get involved bit the "kids" in question were not the drivers of the clamped cars......... hours of endless fun looking out the window..

• Registered Users Posts: 78,412 ✭✭✭✭Victor

http://www.dsps.ie/site/index.htm

You phone them, they take you details and payment and they send the van around. If it is raining or otherwise inclement, there is no need to stand outside the vehicle. :)

The will only take cash via you purchasing a voucher in one of a number of shops. http://www.dsps.ie/site/voucher1.htm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 359 ✭✭vote4pedro

Rather than start a new thread....

Does anyone know if street parking in the city will be free tomorrow what with it being a Bank Holiday, and perhaps being treated as a Sunday?

• Registered Users Posts: 78,412 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Easter Sunday and Easter Monday are free, as are public holidays.

Bye-law 12 here: http://195.218.114.214/Images/Parking%20Bye-Laws%202007_tcm35-54641.pdf

• Closed Accounts Posts: 359 ✭✭vote4pedro

Great, thanks for that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

There is no additional call out fee. They take credit cards. I'm not sure about Laser or cash but I'd presume that they do.

Yes they take Laser as well but charge an extra fee for that , because you have to do it over the phone and apart from being unpleasant to them , best to just pay up.

Advertisement