Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

after classes...

Options
  • 22-03-2008 1:40am
    Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭

hey all. im thinking of going to ucd next year and was just wondering, seeing as theres 3 bars on campus would you usually stay on campus or go into town for a drink. ill most likely be drivin so i couldnt drink on campus but could get the nightlink from town so just wonderin if ill be able to drink or not next year.... also is there anywhere i can view the timetables for ucd courses. cant seem to find em

thanks

:)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭Riamfada

your timetable will be individual to you depending on classes you choose and there are two bars on campus. The only people in my experience who drink regularly on campus are those who live there. Other people have a tendancy to drink nearer town.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Pride Fighter

You wont have any classes past 6 o clock unless your doing something that requires labs.

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭conbob

Grimes wrote: »
    your timetable will be individual to you depending on classes you choose and there are two bars on campus. The only people in my experience who drink regularly on campus are those who live there. Other people have a tendancy to drink nearer town.

cool. would ucdians get pissed that much then or is it only the odd time...i cant really see them going out as much as dit or such

its really a personal thing. There are a fair few thousand people in UCD each with different lives, different drinking habbits ect . The bar always has people in it and there is always a party on. So if you wana its there :p

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭conbob

its really a personal thing. There are a fair few thousand people in UCD each with different lives, different drinking habbits ect . The bar always has people in it and there is always a party on. So if you wana its there :p

ha cool cool

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭remus808

conbob wrote: »
    cool. would ucdians get pissed that much then or is it only the odd time...i cant really see them going out as much as dit or such

As stated above, it's pretty much all relative. But yeah there is plenty of boozing done if that's what your after, personally I'm nearly always out 2 or 3 of the 4 midweek nights. I wouldn't say the bars are hugely popular on an average night (students = poor) but theres always house parties and cheap drinks offers in town.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,388 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

What ye mean boozing after classes? Its DURING them that ya do it:D.

Ah, after classes, my friends just go home,so I head back to the apartment. Plenty of boozing done there anyway, and town is a short hop away, so either way is ok.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭Stepherunie

You can have lectures up until 8 o clock. Particularly if you take a language elective.

College is what you make it, if you want to do a lot of boozing on campus then by heck you can, if you want to get involved in random societies then you can, if you want to not drink at all then that's easily achieved too.

I like a mix of some drinks in my house, and some nights the bar, depends on the night etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,084 ✭✭✭Sarn

conbob wrote: »
    as theres 3 bars on campus

Is there a new bar that I'm missing? :eek: Forum, student bar (Sport's bar closed) and the one in the Arts block requires membership so doesn't really count.

I think semesterisation has had a significant impact on the level of boozing that goes on. But as pointed out above it depends who you hang out with.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,681 ✭✭✭✭P_1

Sarn wrote: »
    Is there a new bar that I'm missing? :eek: Forum, student bar (Sport's bar closed) and the one in the Arts block requires membership so doesn't really count.

I think semesterisation has had a significant impact on the level of boozing that goes on. But as pointed out above it depends who you hang out with.

What a pub in the arts block? Where?

• Advertisement

the one in the Arts block is a staff bar and a hell of alot nicer than the other two ****holes

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,685 ✭✭✭Tom65

the one in the Arts block is a staff bar and a hell of alot nicer than the other two ****holes

Where in the Arts block is this fabled staff bar?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,167 ✭✭✭Notorious

Tom65 wrote:
    Where in the Arts block is this fabled staff bar?

The bar is literally right above the main entrance. You know the shelter smokers use, well thats the floor of the staff bar.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭pretty*monster

The only people in my experience who drink regularly on campus are those who live there. Other people have a tendancy to drink nearer town.

Grimes! You've known me for two and a half years and I live in the Forum bar despite residing two buses away. The bar staff know my usual order and the bouncers chide me about how much I smoke. It's like Cheers.

Advertisement