Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

So this is bizarre

Options
  • 22-03-2008 2:27am
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

Right guys.. I have a great life. Great boyfriend. Nice house. Job etc. etc.

When I was younger 16ish I tried to top myself - hated being gay- hated that I had shagged a guy etc - since then things have gone up and up - really great life - I have no probs being gay and I have a charmed life, incredible boyfriend for 10 years. Things don't always go perfectly but not far off. But for some reason over the last few months the thoughts of self harm have come back. No real reason for them but they come nevertheless. I shouldn't be scared but I am. I'm worried about doing something totally stupid. Feel a little out of control... anyway needed to say it to somebody...cheers.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭Nikkio237

Hey, I don't know how much this helps, but it could be completely different things to the last time setting it off. Is your job stressing you out, or something that you think SHOULD be really insignifiant but you can't help worrying about anyway? Have you talked to your boyfriend about it? He may be able to help, or at least promise to stop you from doing anything idiotic!! Even if you don't think there is a reason, there could be something in your subconcious. Or you think life is going too well, and you're suspicious? :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭Boston

Theres usually a reason for these things, even if you can't realise it. Try talking to your boyfriend, or if he's too close to talk to, a friend or family member or the Samaritans.

Advertisement