Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rooms available in the city centre at a reasonable-ish price?

Options
  • 22-03-2008 4:00am
    Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭

Does anyone on here know of a housemates moving out in the next month or so, in the centre.

Dont know exact date when i'll be moving yet, but would like to get an idea of how easy/difficult it is to get city centre accomodation.

Maybe anyone who moved city centre recently could post what they paid in rent and deposit (or PM if you like).

Would just like an idea

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭DRakE

my mate pays 120 a week for his own double room in a nice enough apartment on lower abbeygate st..

seems mad expensive to me but if that gives you an idea

• Closed Accounts Posts: 330 ✭✭tristanc

Just finished looking (I'm actually procrastinating on packing by writing this post). Easy enough, depending on how picky you are. I wouldn't take a flat where people smoked inside, which seemed to eliminate about 2/3rds of the places.

Price-wise, i'd approximate a single room in a decent (a bit run-down but not a dump) 3-4 person city center flat as 350 a month. Add like 50 for each step up you're looking for (ie a double room in a nice 2 or 3 person flat is likely about 500 a month). Cheapest I saw was 250, but it didn't even have a sitting room. Also going a little out of city center (ie The Green or Cill Ard, or up to Terryland) improves the price/quality ratio.

That said, I just used daft and waited to fairly last minute - my mate found a pretty good situation for like 220 just via word of mouth. And people told me I should have waited a month, as the students start moving out in the end of April.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Mate moving out from a 450E/month room on Presentation Rd next week.
    Is a 2 bedroom apt. I think that's general price for city centre.

Advertisement