Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Sky Error Code 29

• 22-03-2008 9:45am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 16

ON SCREEN MESSAGE IS FOR YOUR INFORMATION 29.NO SATELLITE SIGNAL IS BEING RECEIVED

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 160 ✭✭bottletops

adam098 wrote: »
    ON SCREEN MESSAGE IS FOR YOUR INFORMATION 29.NO SATELLITE SIGNAL IS BEING RECEIVED

Its been a windy night. Your dish has probably moved!

Why so angry? tell your sky box to calm down ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭niceirishfella

I'm having the same problem -

but half my channels work and half just dont.

can anyone offer advice to me?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,931 ✭✭✭patrickc

adam098 wrote: »
    I'm having the same problem -

but half my channels work and half just dont.

can anyone offer advice to me?

i had to sky out with that, the dish has moved by the sound of it, mine would come and go but in the end just gave up and lost all signal and the engineer came out and realigned it, FOC i might add with a little complaining for me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭niceirishfella

i had my guy out this morn - another 60europeans gone.

still, its working all good now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,981 ✭✭✭[-0-]

I have this problem as well. They said it's gonna cost 159 for someone to come out and change the box cause we have to upgrade it to the sky+ box... they also said it is gonna take 10 working days for the engineer... Considering changing now to be honest!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16 adam098

Try moving the dish yourself. while having someone looking at the signal strength / quality screen. to find this press the services button,then (4)system setup,then (6)signal test. try and get the highest SIGNAL QUALITY you can.
    HOPE THIS HELPS YOU, IT WORKED FOR ME

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,027 ✭✭✭Lantus

sory to drag this post up but just beenm having the same problem over the last few months with an intermittent signal. Mrs Lantus v annoyed and sky want €100 just to come and look at it as a call out charge!

Here's some tips.

1/ Try esetting the LNB from the sky box. Go to settings and press 4. Then press 01 and enter to bring to the egineers menu. enter the lnb option and select off. now go to option 2 and just reset all the options to default (they shouldn't change) go back to op 1 and switch the LNB back on. This worked once or twice for me.

2/ Get a ladder and check your LNB and dish. The dish is usually pretty solid but sometimes can move. The LNB is more suceptable to movement. Mine had slipped. While your up there check the cables are not loose (mine were.) and check they are not corroded or dirty or damaged. Getting the plastic cover plate off is tricky, try not to fall off the ladder.

3/ While a friend sits in front of the TV adjust the skew position of the LNB. There are usually 3 positions or so. Use the signal strength option on the box (services, option 4 and then 6.) to get the best you can and fix there.

4/ If that doesn't fix it consider a new LNB. Only €20ish off amazon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,949 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

I have 2 HD boxes (no HD sub) with multiroom and the older of the 2 (a Thompson) has this issue ... half the channels - mostly the +1s - get this "no signal" error, the rest are fine and the 2nd box is fine with all.

Wasn't there something about a recent Sky update that caused this on some boxes?

• Registered Users Posts: 26 TV4Ever

Kaiser2000 wrote: »
    I have 2 HD boxes (no HD sub) with multiroom and the older of the 2 (a Thompson) has this issue ... half the channels - mostly the +1s - get this "no signal" error, the rest are fine and the 2nd box is fine with all.

Wasn't there something about a recent Sky update that caused this on some boxes?

Have you tried taking the Thompson box and connecting it to the sat cable that usually goes into the "working" box? I had a problem where some channels good and others had the no signal error - on a freesat TV rather than a STB. The Sky box I had in the same room worked fine. After checking the LNB, I found that the one going into the freesat TV was loose at the LNB end - tightened it up and all is good again.

So, try the Thompson box with a different cable feed that you know is working and rule out an issue with the box. Then check your cable connections at both STB and LNB ends.

Advertisement