Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mediasat aka Eircom Satelllite Liquidated

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,733 ✭✭✭Zaphod

Irish Independent
    Mediasatellite's collapse comes just months after the firm secured a major contract from travel distribution giant Gailileo and announced plans to rise €1m through the Business Expansion Scheme (BES).

Travel distribution giant? The hack from the Indo hasn't heard of the multibillion euro European GPS system?

Although how a bunch of satellite ISP resellers in Cork ever managed to land the deal with the ESA is a mystery to me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 188 ✭✭MickLimk

Galileo International is the company that maintains a booking system that most travel agents use to reserve flights, hotels and car hire etc. http://galileo.com/galileo/en-ie/?cc=y

Most useful thing they provide for ordinary individuals is their viewtrip website where you can see your entire travel itinerary in one place.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,078 ✭✭✭bigpaddy2004

It looks like nbb are after getting 300 of Mediasat's 1-way customers back on line!

http://www.siliconrepublic.com/news/news.nv?storyid=single10571

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

I think the 1 ways were on a resold skydsl package .

Sponge Bob wrote: »
    I think the 1 ways were on a resold skydsl package .

No, they definitley were not. I dont many an installation for them and they were activated through ses-astra.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

Skydsl & SES-Astra activation are not inherently mutually exclusive, but I don't know who is right.

Anyway, the "1-way" users are just dialup Internet + accellerator. They would not have lost internet. It's the "Two-Way" true Satellite Internet users that have the real problem.

I probably put that wrong, Mediasat were reselling Astra's broadband, both 1-way and 2-way. Medisat had nothing to to with Teles-skydsl.

Advertisement