Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

The End of Velvet Revolver

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

yeah i guess thats a fair point, i mean dont get me wrong, and i still love them, i was like first in line to see them play! skipped my english juniour exam to see them play!! :D hahahaha

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,556 ✭✭✭MizzLolly

GnR isn't gona happen. I really can't see it not that I wouldn't wana see it but still.. I don't think we need to worry about a reunion there tbh!

Ah I think VR are far better than they're getting credit for here. We need more bands like them around!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,647 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

MizzLolly wrote: »
    GnR isn't gona happen. I really can't see it not that I wouldn't wana see it but still.. I don't think we need to worry about a reunion there tbh!

Ah I think VR are far better than they're getting credit for here. We need more bands like them around!

+1. All the money in the world will never get the original GnR line-up back together. As long as Axl n Slash hate each other's guts, it ain't gonna happen.

I think that Slash, Duff, Matt & Scott Weiland should put VR to bed and get on with their respective careers. Before VR, Slash seemed to make a career out of appearing on a s***load of "up & coming" artistes records...........? Maybe that's all there is left for him to do........?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 68,370 Mod ✭✭✭✭Grid.

Was at the 2nd night at the Ambassador and I thought they played great, as good, if not better than any hard rock band out there!! Certainly got my moneys worth! Jeez some people are hard to please:confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,583 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

no some people just have different taste and expectations when it come to supergroups really that's all it is.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,647 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

Gridlock wrote: »
    Was at the 2nd night at the Ambassador and I thought they played great, as good, if not better than any hard rock band out there!! Certainly got my moneys worth! Jeez some people are hard to please:confused:

I was there, and I thought there was a very strange vibe coming from the stage...? The band didn't seem to be interacting with each other at all?? If what happened in Glasgow is true then, it explains a lot for me at least.......

I was there the second night too, thought they were deadly!!

• Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭hyn-zie

Fu@k yeah lolly, i went to see them 4 times and every time i went it got better and better (including the first night in the ambassador were i met Duff), their second album is savage, i liked it the minute i put it on its just really really cool, it took me a few times to get used to the first album, "messages" has to my fav best song at the moment!!!!!

This just posted on Blabbermouth

Slash has dismissed reports that the band will split up following its current European trek.

Speaking to BBC Radio 1's Newsbeat, Slash said, "Well, let's put it this way — this is not Velvet Revolver's last tour."

During the same interview, Slash said it is unlikely VR will support Led Zeppelin on a world tour but has stopped short of ruling it out completely.

Rumors linking the two bands emerged last week after bassist Duff McKagan said that the band "have" the slot.

But Slash has told Newsbeat the band is concentrating on its next album.

Wooooooooohooooooooooooo!!!! :D:D:D

I'm happy to read that!!

• Advertisement

Wooooooooohooooooooooooo!!!! :D:D:D

I'm happy to read that!!

Still doesn't a give a valid reason why scott went on like that on stage and in his comments on blabbermouth! weird, is VR replacing there singer?????

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,148 ✭✭✭✭Lemming

hyn-zie wrote: »
    During the same interview, Slash said it is unlikely VR will support Led Zeppelin on a world tour but has stopped short of ruling it out completely.

Did nobody else pick up on the highlighted part? :eek:

/me drools

hyn-zie wrote: »
    Still doesn't a give a valid reason why scott went on like that on stage and in his comments on blabbermouth! weird, is VR replacing there singer?????

God no, I hope not!!! :eek:
    Lemming wrote: »

/me drools

:D lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

kona wrote: »
    They in my opinion dont have it, to form another new group, and lets face it slashs snakepit will never be as big as VR.( poison rejected slash, POISON for **** sake:D:D:D:D)

im gonna say that while you are right about snakepit probably not bein as big as VR they have some of the best rock songs around, if im being honest (people feel free to disagree) i prefer snakepit, now i LOVE(D) VR but i just think snakepit edge it because they are not mainstream they are not tryin to be commercial, they are just writing kick ass rock music for the sake of it!!

oh yeah and btw man poison didnt reject slash, it was the other way round, they wanted him but he said they are too "poodle rock"
    Lemming wrote: »

i did, :eek: can someone shed some light on that situation?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 553 ✭✭✭suckslikeafox

Heard this last night, it depressed me. Saw them a few weeks ago in the ambassador, they were awesome. Scott may be a jackass but hes electric onstage.

As for them supporting Zeppelin, that would be insane. Id que for a month to get tickets

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,382 ✭✭✭Motley Crue

Scott is gone, which is a shame, but he wasnt 100% committed so its for the best

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,148 ✭✭✭✭Lemming

From RTE; Weiland is gone.

It's a shame since he was a great front-man although I'm not all that surprised given recent events. I wonder who they'll get to replace him?

****. I was lookin forward to seein them again, but then again I saw them 3 times so I feel lucky!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

Am I the only one shocked that RTE seem to have the news first? :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

• Advertisement

hmmm i hope they take their time to recruit a new singer, with the band as amazing as they are they could do HUGE things if they picked the right guy!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,525 ✭✭✭kona

hmmm i hope they take their time to recruit a new singer, with the band as amazing as they are they could do HUGE things if they picked the right guy!

john corabi:D

would suit them too!! dunno what the story with ratt is tho!

:(:(:(

This isn't good! It's not gona be the same without Scott :(

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 68,370 Mod ✭✭✭✭Grid.

I liked Weiland thought he was a good frontman! Hope Slash doesn't bring in Eric Dover!!!:rolleyes:

http://www2.kerrang.com/2008/04/robbie_williams_for_velvet_rev.html

Interesting, i actually dont think this would be bad at all.

http://www2.kerrang.com/2008/04/robbie_williams_for_velvet_rev.html

Interesting, i actually dont think this would be bad at all.

look closer dude!
    Posted by Dan at 10:04AM | April 1, 2008

please tell me you didnt believe an iota of this story, or that you werent serious about thinkin he would be in any way good!!

how bout chris cornell? he's available now and id say they could write some good songs together!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 192 ✭✭1408

how bout chris cornell? he's available now and id say they could write some good songs together!

good vocalist, but audioslave failed for a reason, and it'd only be a matter of time now before a soundgarden reunion so i dont think that would work

however, a new vocalist (as in an unknown should be good)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 701 ✭✭✭BarryCreed

I watched a live dvd again of STP last night. F**k they were a good band. STP and Soundgarden are 2 bands I'd always have liked to see live, but never did.
    Maybe STP may do a reunion show in the UK (won't be Ireland I'd say..). I might try and see them there. fingers crossed. Don;t think Matt Cameron is going to bail out of Pearl Jam for a Soundgarden reunion. Was it a case that Chris Cornell and Kim Thayill weren't getting on...??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,005 ✭✭✭Creature

Yeah pretty much, Chris wanted to keep moving away from the grunge/hard rock sound of their earlier work and Kim didn't. They just outgrew each other really. I can't see them getting back together but there is supposed to be a b-sides/rarities album in the pipeline.

I'd love to see STP live but dunno if I'd be willing to go abroad to see them.

• Advertisement

1408 wrote: »
    however, a new vocalist (as in an unknown should be good)

i dunno i think id prefer a seasoned professional! with the draw they'd have id say they could get someone BIG!

Advertisement