Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

The End of Velvet Revolver

13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,556 ✭✭✭MizzLolly

I just don't want Scott to go!! :(

Does anybody think that there is any chance that they'll stick together?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,576 ✭✭✭lord lucan

MizzLolly wrote: »

no,it's been coming for a while tbh,was only a matter of time. can't ever see them collaborating again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

pretty much none! they had a big falling out! does anyone rate chris daughtry to sing with them?! he has already worked with slash and it went well:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,647 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

i dunno i think id prefer a seasoned professional! with the draw they'd have id say they could get someone BIG!

How about this guy?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Axl_Rose

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,794 ✭✭✭JC 2K3

VR were crap, so I don't really care.

They had em... Slither, You Got No Right and Fall to Pieces, none of which were incredible, and that was about it.

Anyway, fúck Dave Krushner(most pointless member of any band, ever) out and get Izzy on vocals and rhythm guitar I say.

• Advertisement

JC 2K3 wrote: »

They had em... Slither, You Got No Right and Fall to Pieces, none of which were incredible, and that was about it.

Anyway, fúck Dave Krushner(most pointless member of any band, ever)

You've obviously never seen them live! :rolleyes:
    Krushner is actually great, didn't realise it 'til I seen them myself. Great stage presence!

Anyway, fúck Dave Krushner(most pointless member of any band, ever) out and get Izzy on vocals and rhythm guitar I say.

I wouldn't say out and out crap. They were alright. But, like other "supergroups"(Audioslave), it was never going to last beyond a couple of albums....? And there were too many ego's in the group. Same reason that brought down GnR, imo.

You've obviously never seen them live! :rolleyes:
    Krushner is actually great, didn't realise it 'til I seen them myself. Great stage presence!
    Point in 2005. (Btw "you've obviously never seen them live" is one of the most annoying, condescending and pointless arguments ever. A lot of Muse fans seem to throw that one around a lot too. You don't need to see a band live to judge them, and a band can play their songs really well live and still be a crap band.)

Those were my more naive years, when anything involving Slash was amazing by default.

Not to say they weren't enjoyable live. Nothing special, just solid, entertaining(if a bit bland) hard rock from very experienced professionals(though the sound was HORRIBLE at that concert).

And I thought Krushner was pointless back then and still think he's pointless now. Stage presence? pfft... I certainly didn't notice that, and whatever he did have was vastly overshadowed by the others.

Stage presence? pfft... I certainly didn't notice that

You should have gone to specsavers! ;)

Point in 2003. (Btw "you've obviously never seen them live" is one of the most annoying, condescending and pointless arguments ever. A lot of Muse fans seem to throw that one around a lot too. You don't need to see a band live to judge them, and a band can play their songs really well live and still be a crap band.)

Those were my more naive years, when anything involving Slash was amazing by default.

Not to say they weren't enjoyable live. Nothing special, just solid, entertaining(if a bit bland) hard rock from very experienced professionals(though the sound was HORRIBLE at that concert).

And I thought Krushner was pointless back then and still think he's pointless now. Stage presence? pfft... I certainly didn't notice that, and whatever he did have was vastly overshadowed by the others.

Wasn't it 2005???

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,576 ✭✭✭lord lucan

12th of january 2005;):cool:

Edited :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

yeah he sounds pretty good! wonder why i never heard about him before!! :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,056 ✭✭✭✭BostonB

Point in 2005. (Btw "you've obviously never seen them live" is one of the most annoying, condescending and pointless arguments ever. A lot of Muse fans seem to throw that one around a lot too. You don't need to see a band live to judge them, and a band can play their songs really well live and still be a crap band.)....

How can a band play well live and be a crap band? You might not like them, but that doesn't make them crap. Its a subjective opinion. Also some bands definitely come alive on stage and struggle to get the same energy on record, or just do something extra live that you can't get from the record. You don't need to judge a band. Its not a competition. You either like it or you don't.

Ah would ya go away with your pedantic crap, you know what I mean.

"X band are crap" = "I really don't like X band"

Why do people have such a hangup about the former phrase?

Oh and I said "a band can play their songs really well live and still be a crap band", not "a band can be great live and still be crap", there's a difference, namely being that if you play a crap song well it's still crap.(Although there are times when bands play thier songs completely differently live, and this can make average songs into amazing songs, but this is rare, and is not the case with VR and most bands I've heard being defended by the line "you obviously haven't seen them live").

Ah would YOU go away with that nonsense.

I was only trying to say that if you had have seen them live, you would possibly change your opinion on them.
    I loved them live! They played well and I don't agree about Krushner being useless.
    I don't see how me saying that by seeing them live and appreciating them more for it makes it any worse than you saying somebody is 'useless'.
    We both had an opinion. I thought you hadn't seen them live as I did not believe your post was a fitting description of them. Simple as.

Take a breather... Everything's ok!! :)

lol, I wasn't really referring to your opinion of them there, just disputing a point with BostonB.

It's all opinion, but opinions exist to be disputed. :)

"X band are crap" = "I really don't like X band"

Why do people have such a hangup about the former phrase?...

Because its...
    ...s one of the most annoying, condescending and pointless arguments ever. ...

QFT
    Ah would ya go away with your pedantic crap, you know what I mean...

Kettle black. Pedantic...

..."a band can play their songs really well live and still be a crap band" not "a band can be great live and still be crap"...

Basically you don't like these bands. So if they play well live or not makes no difference to you.

Saying somethings crap isn't a disputing a point.

I never got into VR at all. Its a band I would like to like but just don't. Got there latest album and I've only listened to it twice. Just doesn't grab me. Pity because I like Slash, and I like the sound of the band. Not so fond of the singer, maybe thats whats putting me off.

• Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭hyn-zie

kona wrote: »
    john corabi:D

would suit them too!! dunno what the story with ratt is tho!

Thats a loud of ball@x Kona! Let Motley Go, how in the hell would he suit the position, he is no where near as talented as Scott Weiland even though he's an arse h@le, get a grip!!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

Wasn't Mike Patton originally asked to be the front man? I'd of really loved to have seen what they'd of been like with him on board.

• Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭hyn-zie

According to myspace, duff is reuniting with his "LOADED" crew for a tour with U2/LED ZEPPLIN ?????????? Their myspace page is up and running and are looking for administrators???? weird as i thought VR were looking for Scotts Replacement!!!!

Advertisement