Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

IPod preperation option on VW Golf GT

Options
  • 22-03-2008 1:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,115 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I've ordered a Golf GT and as part of the options I've asked for the Ipod prep option in the front centre armrest. I'm just wondering does anyone know if it's compatible with the Iphone?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

i'd be careful, there have been reports of people bricking (destroying) their iphones while using ipod accessories.

both devices have different power inputs, the iphone is 5 watts and the ipod is 8 watts.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,081 ✭✭✭su_dios

Nope from what I remember reading its not. Check over at the american vw forums such as vwvortex.com or golfmkv.com I remember seeing a few posts about it on there. Any posts regarding the ipod touch and iphone will be relative. Why did you choose the centre armrest connector? You got raped on that one.. I just retrofitted a vw ipod cable in my GT from back of the stereo through the glovebox to connect my ipod for 109eur. You're best bet is to buy a cheap nano and leave it in the armrest at all times. I have an old ipod I leave in the glovebox always connected.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,670 ✭✭✭NiSmO

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,487 ✭✭✭alexmcred

Would agree the ipod connector is a pure waste of money. Your other option would be an ipod radio tuner have one and its great and cheap too.

Anyone have wind noise issues with their GT's At 100k there seems to be quiet a lot of wind noise in mine sounds like an open window but nothing is open.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,441 ✭✭✭JoeA3

As long as the iPhone has the same docking connector on the bottom of it as all other iPods, then it should work. I know the iTouch does work in it - I have one.
    I agree that its not the perfect interface to the radio, and I find it temperamental enough, e.g. it takes a few seconds or a couple of attempts to find the correct playlist. But its far far better than any of those FM transmitter iTrip yokes... pure crap.

Alex - thats a well known MK5 Golf issue. Get onto your dealer. I think the cause is often down to the door needing a slight re-alignment.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

FM transmitters are complete ****e if you live in dublin, tried absolute every frequency and tbh it's like listening to my music through a paper cup and string telephone.

Advertisement