Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Default IE7 window size?!?

• 22-03-2008 3:21pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 96 ✭✭

OS=Vista and using IE7

Ok I have Xp in work and off the top of my noggin the last Window for IE7 that you close means that what ever size/shape that was, will be the state/size of the next new one you open when you start up IE again.

Now at home on Vista I have an annoying issue. The same is mostly ture for the above but when I right click on a link and choose open in New Window it seems to have its own size/state. And again the rule above applies. E.G if I make that second window a half page and then close it, then close a full window. When I next open IE I get a New full window but opening a link into a new window = half page :(:confused:

Is there some setting somewhere to always make the windows open in full screen. I have tried all sorts of opening and closing windows to try and fix this. Bloody annoying. There does not seem to be anything in IE advance properties either.

Any thoughts or help appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 355 ✭✭tadgh

What normally works is this:
    Open link in new window = half page
    Close all other IE open windows
    Stretch the new half page window (by dragging with mouse) to your required size. (Note: Don't maximise this window)
    Now close this window.
    Now IE will open new windows, in future, to this size.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 2,432 Mod ✭✭✭✭Peteee

ctrl + hitting the red x button to close should make windows remember the size/position of windows the next time you open it. This should work with everything.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

U not using firefox? Thought most of the world now used firefox.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 96 ✭✭Hennessy

PogMoThoin wrote: »
    U not using firefox? Thought most of the world now used firefox.

Cheers for all the replies. I will give them a bash now.

As for Firefox, I use it and Opera. Horses for courses :) I use IE7 most of the time as it is what most sites are geared towards, IMO.
    Firefox has its uses but MS just made IE7 a better version :)

Firfox is good for uTorrent, well thats my use, but I am finding it rather slow and visualy brutal compared to IE7.

Advertisement