Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Israel

• 22-03-2008 3:26pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,095 ✭✭✭

Hi
    Im toying with the idea of flying over to visit some friends and see some sights, maybe for two weeks or so in August, but really dont know where to begin. Anyone been there? Ive seen flights for about 400euro from Dublin-Heathrow-Tel Aviv, but would like to here first hand from people who have travelled there. Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

Can you be more specific about what questions you have? You might get more accurate answers then :)

Also, a general note to anyone who may read. Other threads about Israel on the forum have descended into rants about rights and wrongs. Keep it on topic folks - this is a travel advice forum, not a political one :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,095 ✭✭✭LadyMayBelle

Thanks for that. I guess referring to my original post i would like to hear from anyone who has travelled there. I would be visiting friends, so backpacking really is the way Id travel. How backpacker friendly is it? I would be basing myself from Tel Aviv as I imagine that is where the international flights land. I would intend on going to Haifa then to see friends. If anyone has any tips for backpacking there or transport ideas or any good sites that might help me plan I would appreciate it. Hope this is clearer. It may not sound very specific but as I said Im looking into going there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

Worth checking CSA for flights, I flew with them last November for €330 through Prague.

Security going into the country can be difficult, so make sure you know your plans for the trip (don't just say "I'm bumming around for a few weeks") and have contact details for the friends you intend to meet up with. Don't try lying about any of your plans, be honest and you'll be fine

Not much else I can tell you as we stayed in Tel Aviv for football, though four of us hired a taxi to take us to Jerusalem to see the Wailing Wall and Yad Vashem.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

I believe bmi are also doing flights to Tel Aviv now from Heathrow, with connections from Dublin - so it's worth checking them out.

I think I'll move this over to the Independent & Youth & Student forum as it's a little more off the beaten track, and you might find some good advice there :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,095 ✭✭✭LadyMayBelle

• Advertisement
Advertisement