Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CA MP5 SD6 hop-up issues.

Options
  • 22-03-2008 4:01pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭

Can any one help me on this matter? I inadvertantly pulled out the barrel on my AEG during cleaning . I put it back together but it is now spitting BBs out in new and interesting directions. I was told it was the Hop-up unit may need to be replaced.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭kdouglas

you pulled out the barrel? you mean the brass inner barrel? not sure how you managed that while cleaning, but you'll need to take the aeg apart, take out the hopup unit and make sure you haven't damaged anything, then put it all back together. if you pulled the barrel out of the hopup unit you'll very likely have to replace the hopup rubber and nub inside. have a look on mechbox.com at the mp5 dis/reassembly videos so you know what goes where

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭Tommyboy71

thanks for that. Very helpful. I just hope I can do it all correctly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭Tommyboy71

Panic over. The rubber on the barrel was not seated correctly. Sorted that, dry fired it to see if it was assembled right, fired a couple of BB's to check if it was working correctly and then ran a full hi-cap through it. Issue resolved.
    Thanks for the pointers.

Advertisement