Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

SD Card Recovery

• 22-03-2008 4:02pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,583 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I have a Fujifilm 256MB SD Card that seems to be corrupted. I'm using a card reader to read the data but have also tried reading it through USB cable and camera. Basically, there are no files on the card but the disk usage stills shows that there is 167MB used space. I have tried many recovery programs such as CardRecovery, ZeroAssumption and Data Doctor but they all fail to even scan the card. Is there any way I can recover the data on the card?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 852 ✭✭✭blackgold>>

If it's very important you can email this guy .

http://mirror.href.com/thestarman/asm/mbr/DataRecovery.htm

The master boot record might be corrupted because inside that you have a partition table so thats probably messed up maybe.

This guy knows his stuff anyway.
    Goodluck

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,949 ✭✭✭SouperComputer

PC Inspector SMART recovery will most likely take care of it for you. Free & easy to use. My Fear is that you have a physical problem though, even if the MBR is scracthed the programs you used should work

Theres also photorec

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,424 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

If it's very important you can email this guy .

http://mirror.href.com/thestarman/asm/mbr/DataRecovery.htm

The master boot record might be corrupted because inside that you have a partition table so thats probably messed up maybe.
    that site is old
    Last Update: 4 MAY 2005

photorec will work on a sector by sector level regardless of the partition table, doesn't recognise all file types yet, but photos it will do fine.

if the contacts are dirty try some switch cleaner on them, but only as a last resourt

• Closed Accounts Posts: 852 ✭✭✭blackgold>>

That site's a goldmine .

Advertisement