Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rock Band Guitar problem - Long Shot

Options
  • 22-03-2008 4:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,406 ✭✭✭

Guys,

Got my Rock Band imported there last week. All was good for a few hours.
    Then during a game the guitar stopped working.

Thought it was the batteries but have changed them and I cannot get the Guitar to sync to the dongle.

The guitar pretty muh seems dead :( No light...Nothing.

Been to the RB forums and while this seems to be happening to others also, many have gotten it working again but I can't.

Anyone here had this problem ?

Brian.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 100 ✭✭slimbun

Try checking the hardware forums on www.scorehero.com (don't forget to click the rock band forum linkin the top right first). I thought my guitar was broken one day when it just kept overstrumming and not recognizing strums, but it worked fine the next day. Try moving the dongle to your PC and see if it will recognize it. Other than that I don't know what else it could be, but I'm sure there is a fix out there somewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,406 ✭✭✭brianon

slimbun wrote: »
    Try checking the hardware forums on www.scorehero.com (don't forget to click the rock band forum linkin the top right first). I thought my guitar was broken one day when it just kept overstrumming and not recognizing strums, but it worked fine the next day. Try moving the dongle to your PC and see if it will recognize it. Other than that I don't know what else it could be, but I'm sure there is a fix out there somewhere.

Cheers. Posted there but no reply as of yet.

I actually hit this problem last night after I'd posted, played the first note of won't get fooled again and then the guitar just froze. I changed the batteries but noticed when changing them that they weren't sitting in to well. If you look very closely at the battery compartment it seems that there is a small piece of black plastic which holds the battery in but can also stop it from making a proper connection. After messing with batteries for a while it all started workng perfectly again. I'll be keeping an eye on it but try changing the batteries and try rolling the batteries around when they are in. Hope this helps ya out.

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭Demios

Seeing all this stuff about the guitars screwing up and the drum pedals getting mangled is making me **** myself buying this! :P

I played it in London a few weeks back at an event and it went down a storm, honestly i have no sympathy for EA when they delay it for no good reason in Europe.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,406 ✭✭✭brianon

Demios wrote: »
    ...delay it for no good reason in Europe.

Well I'm just guessing here but I would imagine the delay is hardware based. Judging by how much equipment has been RMA'd maybe they want to have that down before they do another region release. Also, localisation.

Anyway, I sent back my controller to the ebayer. He's gonna sort it with EA and send me a guitar before that. Also, bought another guitar from ebay and its working great.

• Advertisement

I had a problem with the whammy on my strat, mailed EA and they said they can't ship to ireland yet due to it not being available here yet, but I fixed it with a hair tie! Might get in contact with the ebayer again and see if he can do anything for me, he said he would if I had a problem.

By the way I have heard of ppl contacting EA for a replacement and paying express shipping, that way they get sent the replacement and the box to return the faulty one in. Keep the replacement and don't send the old one back, free stuff!! Lol only messing, but if the faulty equipment is badly damaged and you don't get the box to return the faulty equipment in I think they just let you keep it.

Silly question but what does RMA stand for?!

Advertisement